Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Decided to pre-order the Redmi Pro 3.

http://www.oppomart.com/phones/xiaomi-redmi-3s.html

Some good specs and shipping included only 200 euro.
    Do they say when they begin shipping? On geekbuying they ship on May 31st at the lowest price (link). Is it the same over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

1st world problem here but when the asus is on its lock screen notifications don't show up but when I unlock it they are there, any solutions?

if you go to settings and find battery, is it that you have them restricted in your battery settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

mightyreds wrote: »
    if you go to settings and find battery, is it that you have them restricted in your battery settings

Nothing like that there, even tried notifications settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

1st world problem here but when the asus is on its lock screen notifications don't show up but when I unlock it they are there, any solutions?
    https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1010147

or
    http://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=12172
    http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/tips/asus-zenfone-2/hide-the-content-of-lock-screen-notifications-4/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

PeteSco wrote: »
    Do they say when they begin shipping? On geekbuying they ship on May 31st at the lowest price (link). Is it the same over there?

No, no idea. I hope as fast as possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Anyone know how to save contacts to sim or sd card? The miUi registration text ain't coming through and I want to save before I delete all from previous phone...Redmi note 2, also how to stop screen going black after a few seconds when on a call? Thanks:-)

Anyone know how to save contacts to sim or sd card? The miUi registration text ain't coming through and I want to save before I delete all from previous phone...Redmi note 2, also how to stop screen going black after a few seconds when on a call? Thanks:-)

There are a ton of different ways, this is handy and easy to use - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idea.backup.smscontacts&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Allyall wrote: »
    There are a ton of different ways, this is handy and easy to use - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idea.backup.smscontacts&hl=en
    Thanks Allyall:-)

ASUS XOO5 REVIEW.

Price with customs and delivery etc was 222 euro(forgot to untick insurance so 217 without that) main feature for me is the battery, 5000mAh is going brilliantly took it off charge yesterday at 3pm posting now with 8%. Display is nice with the 1080 and the sound is great, camera is also really good front and back, 3GB Ram keeps it smooth with the octacore processor, benchmark has it just above the oneplus one so Im happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Came from a Nexus 5 recently got a Elephone P9000 - (1 week of use) Am in Japan at moment so I purchased from Amazon.co.jp.

Elephone has a bad rep I know but after some good pre-release reviews the P9000 looked pretty good. Top specs for about $250 - Helio Octa core, fingerprint, NFC, 4GB ram, 32GB, MicroSD, dual SIM, Wireless charging, 5.5" 1080p LG screen, Sony 13mp lens, Marshmallow without bloatware, 3000mHa battery, USB C fast charging.

Pros -

- Solid, actually well built and case included does the job. Not too bulky for a phablet, and I have puny paws!
    - Audio through headphones is fantastic. In call sound is also great.
    - Marshmallow is very stock, great tweaks by Elephone and only 2 apps of theirs installed - can manage bootup apps, double tap to wake.. features that custom roms would have. They will be adding ability to change fonts system wide in next OTA.
    - Stellar performance in rom - not a single lag or force reboot. Battery lasts 24h with medium use, approx 3.5 - 4hrs SOT. Doesn't have heat issues.
    - Fastcharge .. charges in 75mins
    - Root supported - rooted in a few mins. You lose the OTA ability of you root but can easily install from Recovery with the update zip.

Cons -
    - Screen not super bright for daytime use (perhaps an issue for that 1 day in Ireland lol)
    - Camera is pants - although last OTA update helped, they have more improvements to do and I believe they are upcoming in April.
    - Fingerprint reader is a bit slow and not 100% accurate but acceptable. Again, improvements being made to that with OTA updates.
    - Xposed doesn't play nice. Even though rooted and it shows as installed, xposed apps do not recognise the framework is installed. But with the inbuilt tweaks already in the ROM am not missing Xposed at all.

Really pleased with it so far and looking forward to the improvements upcoming. Any Q's go ahead. Wonder if anyone here noticed this phone as a possible buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Is Xposed still having trouble on ART? That could be part of your issue. Truth be told I haven't looked at Xposed since the launch of Lollipop so I'm not sure

Don't think so, Xposed updated long time back and Lollipop / Marshmallow friendly - was running it on the N5 with Ressurection Marshmallow Rom no problem. Possibly something to do with Helio P10 SOC support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

eamonnq wrote: »
    No sign of the Elephone M3 becoming available so I think the P9000 is calling me!!!

http://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-elephone-p9000
    daelight wrote: »
    Came from a Nexus 5 recently got a Elephone P9000 - (1 week of use) Am in Japan at moment so I purchased from Amazon.co.jp.

Really pleased with it so far and looking forward to the improvements upcoming. Any Q's go ahead. Wonder if anyone here noticed this phone as a possible buy.

I think I might have mentioned it, was waiting for the Elephone M3 but seems that might be a while longer so the Elephone P9000 was grabbing my attention. Camera would be a concern as initially I was hoping for a better camera with the M3, I have a TCL M2U at the moment and think the camera is pretty good on that, so I might just stick with it for now (or order another TCL M2U).

Did you get the fast charger with it or did you have to buy it separately ?

Did you get the fast charger with it or did you have to buy it separately ?

Hi, it came with only a USB C cable - The re-seller threw in a charger but it felt very cheap that I didn't even try it, lol.

I have used it with several chargers and am getting from 10% - 100% in about 75 mins.

daelight wrote: »
    Hi, it came with only a USB C cable - The re-seller threw in a charger but it felt very cheap that I didn't even try it, lol.

I have used it with several chargers and am getting from 10% - 100% in about 75 mins.

Thanks for that, nice review of it here ( http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/android-smartphones/elephone-p9000-review-3636611/ ) but once it mentions gearbest in the review I tend to disregard anything good they have to say!!!

I think I will give it a go though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Where is the best place to buy the Elephone P9000?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭b.gud

Anyone able to give me any first hand experience with the Xiaomi Mi Note Pro?

My gf wants a new phone and looking at this one for her. She currently has the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and one of her main requests is the same screen size so this looked like the best one to me

Where is the best place to buy the Elephone P9000?

I think it might be a matter of finding out who actually has them available for shipping first.

Most places have a release date of tomorrow, but stock might be limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

I think it might be a matter of finding out who actually has them available for shipping first.

Most places have a release date of tomorrow, but stock might be limited.

Would you say these are better than the OnePlus One?

• Advertisement

It's on Flash Sale on their website at the minute, and they have an EU store.
    http://www.elephonemobile.com/collections/p-series/products/elephone-p9000/

Although, that seems to be a similar price to everywhere else that is selling it, unless that is the EU price (which I doubt).
    http://www.antelife.com/elephone-p9000-helio-p10-mtk6755-2-0ghz-octa-core-4gb-ram-32gb-rom-5-5-inch-lg-ogs-ultra-narrow-fhd-screen-android-6-0-4g-lte-smartphone-black.html

Would you say these are better than the OnePlus One?

That would be an ecumenical matter, or a matter of opinion, more RAM, more storage, dual-sim, different chips though and I think the OnePlusOne has a lot of fans.

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/74cf5e97f

Allyall wrote: »
    It's on Flash Sale on their website at the minute, and they have an EU store.
    http://www.elephonemobile.com/collections/p-series/products/elephone-p9000/

Although, that seems to be a similar price to everywhere else that is selling it, unless that is the EU price (which I doubt).
    http://www.antelife.com/elephone-p9000-helio-p10-mtk6755-2-0ghz-octa-core-4gb-ram-32gb-rom-5-5-inch-lg-ogs-ultra-narrow-fhd-screen-android-6-0-4g-lte-smartphone-black.html

And be careful that you don't mix up the P9000 and the P9000 Lite.

I sent them an email asking it, they said 1-2 weeks before shipping. Not sure I can wait that long to be fair, I'm looking at the Elephone P9000 and thinking about canceling the pre-order for the Redmi.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

aaronm13 wrote: »
    It's an issue with the security app. It closes everything after two minutes once the screen goes off. The only way around I found was to freeze the security app in titanium backup. The MX5/Flyme is riddled with problems. Beautiful phone with great camera but it's problems broke my heart. Was still gutted when I smashed it in work.

Yeah, I'm finding it quite frustrating too in some ways but absolutely love the phone in others.

It's giving a bit of hassle with Android Wear too I've found. When the phone rings I'm getting no indication or vibration on the watch. It's also disconnecting from Android Wear all the time - I presume this is the same security nonsense that you referred to at work.

Looks like I'm a-gonna have to go down the Titanium Back-Up route - I was hoping to avoid it as I'm not nearly so versed as you lot in these things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    No, no idea. I hope as fast as possible...
    I see.. Well, good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

MI5s and Mi Note 2 coming in August apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Yeah, I'm finding it quite frustrating too in some ways but absolutely love the phone in others.

It's giving a bit of hassle with Android Wear too I've found. When the phone rings I'm getting no indication or vibration on the watch. It's also disconnecting from Android Wear all the time - I presume this is the same security nonsense that you referred to at work.

Looks like I'm a-gonna have to go down the Titanium Back-Up route - I was hoping to avoid it as I'm not nearly so versed as you lot in these things!

Notifications were constantly not coming through until I unlocked the phone but freezing the security app really did help. Very eas you to do too with plenty of guides online. App quarantine ROOT/FREEZE from the play store was actually more successful and easier to do for me.

I see.. Well, good luck!

Edited my post, they said 1-2 weeks until shipping.

I canceled the order and got the P9000, 20 euro more with fast shipping included (5-8 business days), and it's in stock so should go soon.

Been reading some reviews, looks like a fantastic device and looks really nice too, I'm a big fan of that OnePlus One style of back covers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭metroburgers

Anyone bought this, buying it? I want to get one!
    Kavrocks wrote: »
    You can't. It hasn't been released yet. It was only announced last week.

I'm interested in getting my hands on this via Honorbuy link €376.19e + €37.05 shipping

I'm on three & the Mi5 seems to support 4G but not 3G?

Can anybody advise on this, thanks?

Frequencies used on the Three Ireland network
    Frequency Protocol Class
    900 MHz UMTS/HSPA 3G
    2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA 3G
    1800 MHz LTE 4G

Mi5 Specs
    4G: FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7
    TDD B38/B39/B40/B41: 2555-2655MHz
    3G: WCDMA B1/B2/B5/B8, TD-SCDMA B34/B39
    2G: GSM B2/B3/B5/B8

This discussion has been closed.