Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭metroburgers

Checked http://willmyphonework.net/ and it appears the Mi5 will work with three!

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 01.15.13.png

Any advice on buying this? :pac:

I'm interested in getting my hands on this via Honorbuy link €376.19e + €37.05 shipping

I'm on three & the Mi5 seems to support 4G but not 3G?

Can anybody advise on this, thanks?

Frequencies used on the Three Ireland network
    Frequency Protocol Class
    900 MHz UMTS/HSPA 3G
    2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA 3G
    1800 MHz LTE 4G

Mi5 Specs
    4G: FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7
    TDD B38/B39/B40/B41: 2555-2655MHz
    3G: WCDMA B1/B2/B5/B8, TD-SCDMA B34/B39
    2G: GSM B2/B3/B5/B8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Checked http://willmyphonework.net/ and it appears the Mi5 will work with three!

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 01.15.13.png

Any advice on buying this? :pac:

$369 + €17.50 shipping - http://www.oppomart.com/xiaomi/mi5.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

How long do Dhl take from China lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

smilerf wrote: »
    How long do Dhl take from China lads?

Once DHL get it, it usually only takes a few days, but it usually takes a few days for the seller to get it to DHL too!!

and don't forget that you will pay VAT and handling charges too.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Edited my post, they said 1-2 weeks until shipping.

I canceled the order and got the P9000, 20 euro more with fast shipping included (5-8 business days), and it's in stock so should go soon.

Been reading some reviews, looks like a fantastic device and looks really nice too, I'm a big fan of that OnePlus One style of back covers.

Where did you order from in the end ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭horse7

eamonnq wrote: »
    Where did you order from in the end ?

Oppo f1 plus out soon.

horse7 wrote: »
    Oppo f1 plus out soon.

Too rich for my blood, and with them 1.66 bezels think I would go with the 1.60 bezels on the P9000 anyway:D

Was waiting on the Elephone M3 but decided to consider the P9000 as I did not want to wait much longer.

Once DHL get it, it usually only takes a few days, but it usually takes a few days for the seller to get it to DHL too!!

and don't forget that you will pay VAT and handling charges too.
    I bought it off Amazon it's coming up as dispatched but when I enter the tracking number on dhl it's not recognizing it. Does this mean it's only on way to dhl?

I bought it off Amazon it's coming up as dispatched but when I enter the tracking number on dhl it's not recognizing it. Does this mean it's only on way to dhl?

More than likely means that DHL have not got it yet, have you to pay VAT on top of what you paid already ?

If the 'duty' is included it may mean that they ship from China to the UK, and then DHL it to you from there. Which means your tracking number won't be 'active' until DHL in the UK get it.

5-8 days would seem about right for that, but even that 5-8 days is after they ship it from China I think, and the 'order processing' stage can be a few days also.

More than likely means that DHL have not got it yet, have you to pay VAT on top of what you paid already ?

If the 'duty' is included it may mean that they ship from China to the UK, and then DHL it to you from there. Which means your tracking number won't be 'active' until DHL in the UK get it.

5-8 days would seem about right for that, but even that 5-8 days is after they ship it from China I think, and the 'order processing' stage can be a few days also.
    Thanks it didn't say I had to say vat but I'm not sure. Guess it's a case of wait and see

• Advertisement

Thanks it didn't say I had to say vat but I'm not sure. Guess it's a case of wait and see

It will usually say it on the sellers details page. It sounds like they are shipping to the UK and then onto you, so VAT would not be an issue then.

post a link if you like and I will take a look to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Notifications were constantly not coming through until I unlocked the phone but freezing the security app really did help. Very eas you to do too with plenty of guides online. App quarantine ROOT/FREEZE from the play store was actually more successful and easier to do for me.

Cheers Aaron,

I actually got the issue sorted last night. I had enabled Play Music in App Management as advised by someone but crucially I hadn't enabled Google Play Services. Enabling Play Services seems to have done the job.

It hasn't sorted out the problem with Android Wear though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

horse7 wrote: »
    Oppo f1 plus out soon.

http://www.elephonestore.com/elephone-p9000-deca-core-4g-phone.html

Still in a discount it seems, I got it during a flash sale but it seems the price is still at the same level.

http://www.elephonestore.com/elephone-p9000-deca-core-4g-phone.html

Still in a discount it seems, I got it during a flash sale but it seems the price is still at the same level.

and paying VAT and DHL handling charge on top of that price ? :eek:

Shipping and handling through DHL came down to $21.19, as for VAT: Not sure yet, nothing was mentioned.

That's the first time I buy from them though, now I'm thinking I should have chosen somewhere else to buy it ? Tried looking for VAT prices regarding that website but can't find anything.

It will usually say it on the sellers details page. It sounds like they are shipping to the UK and then onto you, so VAT would not be an issue then.

post a link if you like and I will take a look to be sure.
    not sure if this is the link your after

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aag/details/ref=aag_m_fi?marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&isCBA=&seller=A6G8VBA2G0P4N&isAmazonFulfilled=&asin=&orderID=#rates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Yep, looks good:

Hifone Tax Information

Prices are displayed inclusive of any applicable VAT.

Yep, looks good:

Hifone Tax Information

Prices are displayed inclusive of any applicable VAT.
    thanks man

Shipping and handling through DHL came down to $21.19, as for VAT: Not sure yet, nothing was mentioned.

That's the first time I buy from them though, now I'm thinking I should have chosen somewhere else to buy it ? Tried looking for VAT prices regarding that website but can't find anything.

Shipping charge for DHL will be added to the price and then you will be charged 23% vat on top of that, DHL will also add a charge for handling this VAT payment (approx 10euro I think).

Close to 60 euro on top of what you already paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

thehamo wrote: »

I really like the look of this and could be exatly what I am looking for to replace my wifes broken S4.

Couple of questions but if anyone can help me with....
    • is 'banggood' a good place to purchase...anyone got a recommend store to buy this phone from??
    • what does this mean
      This phone will only work with 2G: GSM850/900/1800/1900 3G: WCDMA900/2100MHz 4G: FDD-LTE: 800/900/1800/2100/2600
    • How much extra am i looking at on top of the €152 purchase price? customs etc.
    thanks

Shipping charge for DHL will be added to the price and then you will be charged 23% vat on top of that, DHL will also add a charge for handling this VAT payment (approx 10euro I think).

Close to 60 euro on top of what you already paid.

****ing hell.

What are some good online stores then to avoid that ?
    I see gearbest.com have it for $270.

****ing hell.

What are some good online stores then to avoid that ?
    I see gearbest.com have it for $270.

a question and answer in the one post!! Avoid Gearbest at all costs!!!

You can't avoid it, you can order from EU warehouses but the price tends to be a bit dearer but you don't pay vat on top of it.

Not sure any of the 'european warehouse' shippers have it available though at the moment.

a question and answer in the one post!! Avoid Gearbest at all costs!!!

You can't avoid it, you can order from EU warehouses but the price tends to be a bit dearer but you don't pay vat on top of it.

Not sure any of the 'european warehouse' shippers have it available though at the moment.

Alright, thanks for the tip about gearbest ;)

I don't mind the little higher price to be fair, as long as it's not as much as the VAT and handling you mentioned.

Alright, thanks for the tip about gearbest ;)

I don't mind the little higher price to be fair, as long as it's not as much as the VAT and handling you mentioned.

You have to compare your options, Chinese is cheaper and if you are in no hurry you can use normal post (could take about 8 weeks to arrive though) and you 'might not' get caught for vat (but you should expect to), DHL from China is quicker but you are highly likely to be charged VAT and the DHL handling fee, European warehouses are quicker (if you believe what their websites say)but tend to have limited stock and you pay a higher price but should not have to pay VAT on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

oppomart are usually the cheapest of any EU warehouse options.

An MI5 is only 330e for example, delivered with no taxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

oppomart are usually the cheapest of any EU warehouse options.

An MI5 is only 330e for example, delivered with no taxes

And lots of bloatware apparenty..
    When I was researching grey market suppliers, consistently Oppo came up as having bloatware installed with random ads popping up, a lot of server redirects, increased use of ram by chinese processes operating in background, modified versions of Xiaomi.eu roms

Poster on here got on well though I believe, but I am avoiding myself due to the amount of times I seen it over in XDA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

myshirt wrote: »
    When I was researching grey market suppliers, consistently Oppo came up as having bloatware installed with random ads popping up, a lot of server redirects, increased use of ram by chinese processes operating in background, modified versions of Xiaomi.eu roms

Poster on here got on well though I believe, but I am avoiding myself due to the amount of times I seen it over in XDA

Oppo and Xiaomi are completely separate companies though??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

Oppo and Xiaomi are completely separate companies though??
    Yes, definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

myshirt wrote: »

Yes, they do have a lot of bloatware. But for the price difference, a restore factory settings is no problem.
    Either is flashing a rom, as many people do that anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement