Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(FFS)Dental pain on bank hoilday

Options
  • 29-05-2015 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Ok this is kind of a rant and kind of a question, I am from Laois but lived in dublin for years and only living back down home the last 6 months or so, so I don't really have a dentist down here. I tried to get to see one yesterday but couldn't get in anywhere think it was because I wasn't a regular patient even though my top right side molar was killing me, they gave me an appointment for 3:30 today so I struggled along with pain killers until then, Got to the dentist today to find out my medical card was taking away something about a form I got from them n never sent it back I know for a fact I never got said form, the dentist wanted paying I had no cash on me so said I would run to the bank and get it as I really wanted this tooth gone..... When I got back the receptionist said I lost my appointment and they were full for the rest of the day that I could come back Tuesday I saw red and told them to F off. I knew I wouldn't see a dentist till Tuesday and I had a fair idea I had an abscess and needed an antibiotic so contacted my local doctor and explained my situation and about my medical card he seen me confirmed I had an abscess and gave me a course of antibiotics and what's more charged me nothing, said when I sorted my medical card the payment would issue to him then... Finally the pain is dying, but is there really not an out of hours dentist in Laois/Offaly????

Advertisement