Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show 29th May

18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tafkach

Jaysus FIFA is some joke... Sepp Blatter is as delusional as the Hitler in the last days of the Reich...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

George Hook doesn't know the boundary between witty innuendo and just being crude! I found the crotch grabbing and fondling just a "little" bit distasteful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The best thing about the end of the Late Late each season is that it's another season closer to Tubridy's leaving. Probably the most bland and dire talk show host ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Welsh Megaman looks into his crystal ball...

Ryan Tubridy speaking to the RTE Guide, September 2015: ''I felt I was coasting near the end of last season. I'll hold my hands up and admit that I was in neutral gear. But THIS season, I promise to up my game. As well as act the maggot.''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Red Kev wrote: »
    Louis Walsh ..........again.

Yes. Now the Late Late Show would NOT be the Late Late Show without Louis Walsh would it!!?!?!!!?!?! :rolleyes:

Overall, it was not a remarkable finale. But hardly surprising. The show limps from Friday to Friday with mostly the same people year in year out. The terms clique and closed shop comes to mind ....

walshb wrote: »
    The best thing about the end of the Late Late each season is that it's another season closer to Tubridy's leaving. Probably the most bland and dire talk show host ever.

Whether he is entirely to blame, but the show has gone downhill very much in Tubridy's tenure. It seem to be all silly talk and falling all over 'celebrities' (in the eyes of Tubridy anyway) and the same pool of guests are on year in year out.

True, a lot of this can be traced back to Pat Kenny's tenure too. Louis Walsh, etc. were on as often then. But Kenny was not falling all over them is the main difference we can note!

Maybe this is a show that seriously has had its day and obviously getting guests week after week is not easy. But one can't help feel more of an effort can be made: Surely, there's no need for all that bad Irish 'country' music and for Louis Walsh to be on 3-4 times a year. Bring back Jedward!!

George Hook doesn't know the boundary between witty innuendo and just being crude! I found the crotch grabbing and fondling just a "little" bit distasteful

I feel that Hook is grand when on a serious subject or talking rugby. But he is clumsy with his sense of humour and it comes across poorly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lulu Walsh judging a dance contest is there any limits to this man's talent :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lulu Walsh judging a dance contest is there any limits to this man's talent :p

It would be interesting to count how many times Louis Walsh is on this! He sems to have been on at least 3 times this year alone. The dance contest seems to be the right way to end what was in general a very poor season of shows.

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I've just realised, that's it for the LLS, and I'll be out sinking pints and bitching about Arsenal not bothering to defend counter attacks tomorrow night...

so this is it for me till September.

Ah, bollocks.

Have a great Summer, dudes. Yis are the best entertainment on the telly!

:-D

Only 13 Friday's and he'll be back. So, not to worry! Giving us the finest in pop and country music, intelligent discussions with entertaining guests and up to date discussions with celebs we actually care about.

Friday night is excitement night and my doctor told me to quit watching the show because it causes me to be too excited and recommended me to watch Love/Hate, Breaking Bad, James Bond and Mad Max instead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

:D

RTE denies Late Late Show winners all come from same place
    RTE have dismissed accusations that The Late Late Show competition winners are always from the same area.

Irate viewers complained to the broadcaster that those who scoop the lavish prizes on its flagship chat show are always from Munster.

The Herald received copies of the complaints under the Freedom of Information Act.

However, when asked for a list of counties that prize winners live in, RTE said that they do not keep details on winners.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/rte-denies-late-late-show-winners-all-come-from-same-place-31285103.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Rte denies late late show winners all come from same place!?
    More like it that Late late show and Saturday night show winners come from the same place

Advertisement