Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luxury Solo Holidays?

Options
  • 29-05-2015 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Well, I find myself in the position of having nobody to go on holiday with this year, yet again. I've been disinclined to holiday alone for the past several years as I just didn't have the heart to travel abroad alone, which means that I haven't actually been outside of Ireland (hardly even outside of Dublin, except for the home place!) since 2011.

I'm considering going somewhere really nice this year, because if I don't go alone then I won't have a holiday, simple as that. I decided that if I am holidaying alone, then fukkit, I'm going to do it in style.

I'm not a seasoned holidaymaker, I'm not familiar with all the usual destinations, so I guess I'm asking for some specific advice. In terms of destination, I'll consider anywhere warm; Europe, Caribbean, Indian Ocean, Africa...pretty much anywhere except Australasia (too far away). if I was looking for a really nice, luxury solo holiday, (I'm 40 and female) can anyone recommend a specific resort or destination/area that I should be looking at, or even a particular holiday company you have used? In my mind I'd be thinking of a nice, luxurious all-inclusive resort with activities - I guess the sort of place you might go on your honeymoon :rolleyes: I won't say money is no object, but I'd certainly throw a few quid from the Credit Union at it if I got a good recommendation. I know I could Google up any amount of options, but I think it's always better to get recommendations from people who have personal experience of a place.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Same position as yourself!

female, single, Mid 40's!

take a look at the Bodyholiday St Lucia ....all inclusive, full program of activities, both sport and social and daily spa treatments are also included!

I haven't been but the reviews on trip advisor are extremely positive and take a look through the Bodyholiday facebook page for an idea of it also.

I've booked for a week in September, which just happens to be solos month!

Not sure what your budget is, but it is expensive....I booked through a Uk company and made a considerable saving vs. Irish agents, but its not cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Wow anewme, that does look lovely!! Definitely one to consider, thanks. :)

Which company did you book through?

Advertisement