Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cards

Options
  • 29-05-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a shop that sells unusual funny cards. I've had luck in the past with designist on Georges st but seems anniversary / partner is not an occasion they cater for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Article or maybe Avoca if you're on that side of town. Yelp is handy for finding places that do stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

SWALK in Hibernian Mall off Dawson a Street always has a great selection of all types of cards. Also moonpig online if you have time.

I'm surprised designist didn't have something to suit.

Did Swalk not close a while back?

jimmii wrote: »
    Did Swalk not close a while back?

I didn't hear that and hope it's still there. I can't say for sure when I was last in it. I used to work close by and would pass it every few days, not so much now.

Twenty10 wrote: »
    I didn't hear that and hope it's still there. I can't say for sure when I was last in it. I used to work close by and would pass it every few days, not so much now.

Swalk was the place that pretty much just did cards that was in the middle right? That place closed alright.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    Swalk was the place that pretty much just did cards that was in the middle right? That place closed alright.

Yes, that's a shame, it was a lovely card shop. :(

Found the unit for rent on Daft:
    http://www.daft.ie/commercial/unit-3-royal-hibernian-way-shopping-mall-dublin-2-dublin/225891/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Chapters book shop on parnell St have a good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I was heartbroken when SWALK closed, I absolutely loved it!

Article is a good spot for cards, Industry on Drury St is good, Carousel on Exchequer St, Folkster in Temple Bar, someone else mentioned Avoca, I think they've expanded their card range recently.

I'm trying to think of where I was recently and saw a good selection - I love cards, especially blank photographic cards, SWALK were the best for them, if I think of any other places I'll post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Paperchase in Arnotts have nice cards, not as big a selection as here but gives you an idea of the styles they have available

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Paperchase in Arnotts have nice cards, not as big a selection as here but gives you an idea of the styles they have available

Definitely Paperchase in Arnotts or Dundrum. Have bought lots of lovely cards from here and myself and husband bought each other wedding day cards from here so they would have something suitable for partner/anniversary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Where about in arnotts is paper chase as I need a few more cards. Thanks

Slunk wrote: »
    Where about in arnotts is paper chase as I need a few more cards. Thanks

Take the escalator down in the perfume bit and its behind the escalators.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Cheers for the paperchase recommendations. Found some great cards down there.

Advertisement