Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITunes Library

• 29-05-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

I had my Itunes library on an old laptop which stopped working a while ago. I had synced the account with my Iphone and ipod. In this itunes library there was music I bought from Apple and stuff I transferred over from CD's.

When I got a new laptop and logged into itunes account, the only music there was the stuff I bought from Apple.

So today I decided to buy itunes imatch on my phone, which still had the full library, as I thought imatch allowed you to access downloaded music as well as music from CD's, but as soon as imatch synced with my phone it deleted all the CD music, playlists etc. I now understand why this happened and Apple refunded me the cost of imatch as I don't want it at this time.

Anyway, I still have the original itunes library on my ipod and I'm wondering if there is any way I can transfer it on to new laptop. I've uninstalled Apple from new laptop. Apple customer service say to try a third party to retrieve the music from ipod.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to do this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Thanks Jamesd - worked perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

A key piece of advice going forward is to buy an external harddrive and back up your music library regularly. I'm surprised by how many people don't do this and end up losing their entire music library when their laptop or computer dies on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Petermc83

i have my itunes account synced to an external hard drive where i store all my music on.
    i back up my music library regularly to a different external hard drive just to be sure too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Is use of Time Machine sufficient?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

JonMac wrote: »
    Is use of Time Machine sufficient?

I think so.

Advertisement