Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closest Beach to Cork City by Bus?

Options
  • 30-05-2015 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

For all of us non-car owners, what is the closest beach to the city by bus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Youghal?.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Fountainstown I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Fountainstown +1 (although the weather is not very promising this weekend and Fountainstown is not a very sandy beach)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I see that a beach at Kinsale Marina just won a blue flag for the first time. No idea what that is like but must be fairly decent and would be closer by bus than Youghal

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Fountainstown is still closer and the bus takes you right there whereas the bus wouldn't take you right to the Kinsale beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

What about Palm Beach on the straight rd?

Fountainstown is probably the easiest beach to get to by bus. If you follow the road down passed the bus stop for maybe 1/2 mins walk the beach is much nicer.
    The dock beach in kinsale, mentioned above is another lovely beach but is small and gets really busy on the first sign of sun. Its a long walk from any bus stop tho. Your only option would be bus to kinsale and taxi out to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 KG7571

Myrtleville is close enough, Youghal is a nicer beach I would definitely choose Youghal before Myrtleville

Advertisement