Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever beaten the sh1te out of somebody.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Maybe, if you have all day to read and analyse every post. He might want to brush up on his quoting skills for the benefit of posters that don't spend every minute on boards.

Maybe you should brush up on your written comprehension skills :rolleyes:

" " denotes a quote, generally speaking. If you read the post the other 'person' decided to abuse, you will see " before and after the part about beating women and people as part of a group. This would, to any normal person who didn't fly into a rage straight after reading it, suggest that he was, in fact, quoting someone else.

That wasn't so hard, was it :)

Also, you have nearly 7,000 posts, so you must spend just a little time on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

Obviously,if you get to 27 and haven't got or given a dig there is something wrong! Remember in first year in college a couple of northie lads beating thr ****e out of me at quinns,headbutts and all, you are not made of glass amd at the end of the day the pain goes away,fcuk it,one of the lads belted one of them with an umbrella!I avoid fights like a plague,but if it is happening I will not back down to my fault,I was brought up to not let peple walk over me!but don't act the cnut and treat people with respect and you will get the same back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

flas wrote: »
    Obviously,if you get to 27 and haven't got or given a dig there is something wrong! Remember in first year in college a couple of northie lads beating thr ****e out of me at quinns,headbutts and all, you are not made of glass amd at the end of the day the pain goes away,fcuk it,one of the lads belted one of them with an umbrella!I avoid fights like a plague,but if it is happening I will not back down to my fault,I was brought up to not let peple walk over me!but don't act the cnut and treat people with respect and you will get the same back!

ur dead right man, give respect get respect 2k15, fukin h8 when cnuts do be all disrespectful and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

How the fcuk is it gay to be straight ? I'm confused :confused:
    I think he is indicating the paradigm shift that has occurred in society whereby being straight is now frowned upon. People whispering "I think he's a heterosexual" in hushed tones behind your back if you hold hands with a girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No never hit anyone.

Was nutted in a nightclub years ago out of the blue, wrong place at the wrong time, didn't even have words with this guy and he was gone before I had time to recover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Same as a lot of posters here....had lots of scrapes when I was a young fella. But dont seem to get in those situations any more thankfully. My face is just too handsome to risk it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

flas wrote: »
    Obviously,if you get to 27 and haven't got or given a dig there is something wrong!
    Yeah obviously!!!!

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Obviously your mother was half mad(come to think of it,typing that sentence is a first for me) Anyway you have two choices. Dwell on it and use her as an excuse for all your behaviour or ,Man up, put it behind you and behave like a real man.

I heard this sh1t before. "just man up and get over the sexual/physical/emotional abuse". People who go through that sh1t will be stronger than you could ever hope to bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I heard this sh1t before. "just man up and get over the sexual/physical/emotional abuse". People who go through that sh1t will be stronger than you could ever hope to bud.

Oh right, your another one that reckons self pity is the way to go.I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about fellas with 'issues' who use a bad past to justify them acting the thug in the here and now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Yes.. When I was 17.. Little bollox tried to shot me with an air rifle.. Fight was broken up by the driver of a passing bus. As I was over 16 would have got done for it, but would have killed the **** giving half the chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

yes , yes i have. mostly work related or sports related .

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Beat a bloke into hospital once when I was in secondary school. He was two years older than me and I was afraid of him. The day came where I had to fight. I was like a frightened hyena bludgeoning him. My fists slamming into his face as he lay beneath me screaming for me to stop.

I was dragged off him.....the whole thing lasted less than a minute. I really hurt him.

My father witnessed it from the window and as I staggered into the house high on terror and adrenaline he waited for me to vomit before looking at me again in disgust.

I've never felt so low in all my life. I still think of that day and how I beat a guy. The most sickening part of it was that others slagged him for years after. I never wanted anything to do with the episode and it still makes me sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Yeah some guys tried to mug my friends and I when we were walking home one night. We tried to talk our way out of it but things escalated very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Panic E

macnug wrote: »
    In a lot of fights in my teens but have not been in one since I was about 21. Since the kids came a long I actively avoid confrontation with people.

x2 same here for me, I never started any though. I come from a home where there was a lot of domestic violence so I was used to 'jumping in' as it were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

No never I don't think I ever could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Oh right, your another one that reckons self pity is the way to go.I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about fellas with 'issues' who use a bad past to justify them acting the thug in the here and now.

Are you aware that the majority of people that commit suicide are young males, and that this is down to people like you? Because they are made to believe by people like you that they should "man up" and not feel and express whatever pain or struggles they may been through. Gender stereotyping at its worst.

Self defense or in a boxing ring I think is different though. Violence and healthy aggression are different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Yeah some guys tried to mug my friends and I when we were walking home one night. We tried to talk our way out of it but things escalated very quickly.

Did you keep them down and call the Gards to arrest them?

Really want to say in that situation that's what I'd do but that'd probably just result in a stupid slap on the wrist and they'd be free to keep doing it so it'd be difficult controlling the temper at the time.

Are you aware that the majority of people that commit suicide are young males, and that this is down to people like you? Because they are made to believe by people like you that they should "man up" and not feel and express whatever pain or struggles they may been through. Gender stereotyping at its worst.

I have to assume that you are choosing to totally misrepresent my post. The alternative is that you have difficulty understanding plain English. I am condemning this thugs behaviour and you feel he's only 'expressing whatever pain or struggles' he has been through. Maybe it's you who should 'man up' and face the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I don't like violence at all. I've never beat someone up before. I'm not a violent person at all. I see no point in needless violence

• Advertisement

pew wrote: »
    I don't like violence at all. I've never beat someone up before. I'm not a violent person at all. I see no point in needless violence
    I think it can be harnesses or released in a healthy way. But thuggery is pointless.

I think it can be harnesses or released in a healthy way. But thuggery is pointless.

That's what I meant. I didn't phrase it very well.

What I mean is thuggery. Like when people just beat each other for no reason. Boxing and self defence is different, but when someone is extremely violent against someone for no reason that's what I don't get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Plenty of times. I have kicked the sh1te out of people, and had the sh1te kicked out of me. Nearly lost my left eye in a fight once. But I am proud to say, I have never started a fight. Only reacted once I was picked on.

pew wrote: »
    That's what I meant. I didn't phrase it very well.

What I mean is thuggery. Like when people just beat each other for no reason. Boxing and self defence is different, but when someone is extremely violent against someone for no reason that's what I don't get.

Well according to some posters here its pretty simple really. These people have 'issues' and 'baggage' and we should all have a big group hug. Whereas I like yourself think that they are selfish thugs and should face the consequences of their actions.

Well according to some posters here its pretty simple really. These people have 'issues' and 'baggage' and we should all have a big group hug. Whereas I like yourself think that they are selfish thugs and should face the consequences of their actions.

We all have issues and baggage but I still don't see that as a reason to go around beating the craps out of people. They should be punished for their actions alongside getting help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Was at the local butchers to buy sausages was just going back into my house to cook the sausages but got into a major scuffle....best battered sausages ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DavidRamsay99

At school a guy who was a head taller than me pushed me up against a wall for a laugh in front of the class.
    I punched him in the eye and he learned never to do that again.
    They used to call me Davy and after that they all called me David.

I was about to cross the Haypenny Bridge when I got talking to a group of girls. They were anxious and told me two guys were following them and wouldn't leave them alone. As I was crossing the bridge a pair of arms pinned mine to my sides and another person punched me in the face. I'm a big guy so I broke free and punched the second guy in the face and drove my knee into his testicles. The other guy threw a punch and I parried it and gave him a left and a right to the head, punched him in the guts and drove him head first into the railings.

The girls bought me a free burger and I got one cute girl's telephone number and went out with her for a while after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

At school a guy who was a head taller than me pushed me up against a wall for a laugh in front of the class.

I was about to cross the Haypenny Bridge when I got talking to a group of girls. They were anxious and told me two guys were following them and wouldn't leave them alone. As I was crossing the bridge a pair of arms pinned mine to my sides and another person punched me in the face. I'm a big guy so I broke free and punched the second guy in the face and drove my knee into his testicles. The other guy threw a punch and I parried it and gave him a left and a right to the head, punched him in the guts and drove him head first into the railings.

The girls bought me a free burger and I got one cute girl's telephone number and went out with her for a while after.
    David, I am impressed. Chuck Norris will be ****ting himself if he reads this.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Laoislion8383

Serious stuff altogether Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Serious stuff altogether Davy

His name is David. Any of you guys call him Davy and he'll kill ya.

• Advertisement

Did you keep them down and call the Gards to arrest them?

Really want to say in that situation that's what I'd do but that'd probably just result in a stupid slap on the wrist and they'd be free to keep doing it so it'd be difficult controlling the temper at the time.

Certainly did, I got bottled and needed four stitches. Guards took them away after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Certainly did, I got bottled and needed four stitches. Guards took them away after that.

Yep, my God, I would've lost it and broke their fuking legs or something and left them there.

Yep, my God, I would've lost it and broke their fuking legs or something and left them there.
    Well they got theirs, so I don't hold any anger over it. Just another thing that once happened.

Nice to know my friend and I can look after ourselves if the need arises though.

Advertisement