Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any books on the Irish People's Liberation Organization?

Options
  • 30-05-2015 9:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

I know there's a book on the INLA & I've read pretty much everything there is to read on Provos but never seen anything on the IPLO. I know they were only around for a few years but they made a few headlines, killed George Seawright, killed a high ranking member of the UDA, were responsible for several sectarian attacks on pubs & were wiped out by the IRA in one night, must be a book in that somewhere.

Also anything on the Stickies - OIRA from 1969 - the 72 ceasefire.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

I know there's a book on the INLA & I've read pretty much everything there is to read on Provos but never seen anything on the IPLO. I know they were only around for a few years but they made a few headlines, killed George Seawright, killed a high ranking member of the UDA, were responsible for several sectarian attacks on pubs & were wiped out by the IRA in one night, must be a book in that somewhere.

Also anything on the Stickies - OIRA from 1969 - the 72 ceasefire.

The Lost Revolution. Story of the Irish Workers Party by Brian Hanley (I think) is worth a read

Advertisement