Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay connecting to internet

Options
  • 30-05-2015 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Any advice. I have a number of devices which successfully connect to the internet immediately after switched on, including tablets and laptop.

However my lenovo G580 can take up to 5 mins to connect. Are there any utilities I can use to determine why it takes so long to connect. I'm guessing something may be running in the background that is delaying the connection. Once connected it's fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IS IT A laptop, on a wireless network,
    it maybe be scanning all the wifi networks,
    there should be a a box you can click in wifi settings ,
    automatically connect this network.
    Click on the wifi icon ,networks, settings ,in the lower right of the display .
    my laptop picks up 5 wifi networks ,sky,upc1,2,etc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

That doesn't sound right. Try updating the wireless card drivers which will hopefully resolve the issue. You can grab the wireless drivers here

Nick

Advertisement