Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Secondhand bike and putting it off the road tax purposes

• 30-05-2015 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

If I buy a second hand bike and get it delivered to me, the bike doesnt have tax now, after the transfer of ownership can I put it off the road SORD? immediately or what is the timeframe and form to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You have 10 days to declare it off the road, once you buy the bike and have signed the logbook, send it off immediately to Shannon.
    Once they receive it they will process it using the date you have on the form, you can use motortax.ie to see the transaction and from there once it has been transferred to you you can use the online PIN request to get a PIN and declare it off the road immediately.
    Don't hang about sending the form as it can take a couple of days each way in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

CJhaughey wrote: »
    You have 10 days to declare it off the road, once you buy the bike and have signed the logbook, send it off immediately to Shannon.
    Once they receive it they will process it using the date you have on the form, you can use motortax.ie to see the transaction and from there once it has been transferred to you you can use the online PIN request to get a PIN and declare it off the road immediately.
    Don't hang about sending the form as it can take a couple of days each way in the post.

Original Form was sent without delay, the old VLC (I thought it was called the VLC, says reg cert on the document, effectively the log book) was sent with the new one received recently. It seems to have taken a nbit over a week between sending to process and return of the new cert.

Didnt realise the timeframe was 10 days from purchase or ten days at all,
    I tried to change over online and was successful, but it was more than ten days from actual purchase date so maybe the ten days is from when the new cert is issued?

Either way, jobs a good un as it processed which I thought probably wouldnt happen if you fell outside the allowed time window.
    The online aspect makes it very handy as I did think there might be a different form to do this, hence the enquiry.

Advertisement