If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Amp required (Yamaha or Onkyo)

Options
  • 30-05-2015 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to purchase a new amp to replace my dying Onkyo TX-SR606 (it suffers the HMDI board issue on startup where it takes 5 mins to pick up a signal). Its almost 6 years old, so not sure its worth investing to get the capacitors replaced.

This will be my 3rd amp purchase from Richer (My other Onkyo is working great TX-NR616).

So to replace the SR606 I was thinking the Yamaha RXV677, would you recommend this, or sound I stick with the Onkyo range?
    Can you give me prices on both? Also do any of them come in silver?

Thanks
    Jason

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi Jasgrif11,

The Yamaha 677 is a great amp at £299 / €449 - 3d ready / 4k upscaling, 7.1 channel, and would certainly recommend it -
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200624-rxv677.aspx

Worth looking at also is the Onkyo TXNR636 at £349 / €549 - it ticks all the boxes and some.
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12740-txnr636.aspx

In comparison to the yamaha, it also is 3d ready and 4k upscaling, but in addition it's also a 115w 7.2 channel Dolby Atmos surround, and has bluetooth capability.

Unfortunately none of them are available in silver, there are very few (if any) A/V receivers in silver finish now

Have a look at the links above and let me know if you've any other queries

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.