Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Kilkenny- For sale board outside

Options
  • 30-05-2015 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Is it closing or moving??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Is it closing or moving??

I heard the building was for sale but Argos weren't going anywhere as sitting tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

I heard the building was for sale but Argos weren't going anywhere as sitting tenants.

the building is for sale , seen it in the indo a few weeks back
    Argos must be moving it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

For sale with sitting tenants. That's pretty common.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I often wondered why Argos didn't relocate to Market Cross or McDonagh Junction. The Carlow branch has parking right outside the door. The number of yokes I dragged down the Butter Slip in the pre-Carlow store days!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

great to see another vote of confidence in the city, sale agreed on the building

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

Not moving at all just, just owner of the building changed. Argos still have another 2 years left on their current lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

aarondoc wrote: »
    Not moving at all just, just owner of the building changed. Argos still have another 2 years left on their current lease.

Wonder will they renew? I remember they used to do savage business back in the 90s/early 00s but they hadn't as much competition. Also, the parking is a huge drawback. Who wants to be lugging big boxes down High st?

Advertisement