Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only place that I am allowed to discuss this

Options
  • 30-05-2015 5:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, sorry for posting here again, but Sam34 has outlined that I am only only able to talk about the subject of moderates discussing/given medical advice on the LTI forum.

I thought discussing medical advice was banned on boards, and was thus bemused when moderators were discussing it openingly on the LTI forum.

Again, Sorry to bring it here, it doesn't belong here, but Sam34, has outlined I can post on the thread, or pm here. Wasting everyones time on the Help desk, so apologies.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello there.

Can you provide link(s) to where you say this is happening please? Their own Charter states that: "This forum is not a source of medical advice", so if you believe this is happening, the usual first step would be to contact the forum Moderators.

In this case, you say that the forum Moderator has told you to come here, but you would only come here if:

1: you wished to lodge a complaint against a Moderator directly, AND
    2: you have exhausted the procedure in the Help Desk Charter.

This means you would send a PM to the CMod of that Category ONLY IF you wanted to make a complaint about a Moderator. If you wanted to give your opinion on how a forum is moderated in general, you would do that in the Feedback forum.

It's difficult to tell whether you want to complain about the Moderator, or whether you want to make a complaint on how the LTI forum is run?

It would help a lot if you could please clarify the above?

Thanks,

-Shield.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

Again, this was the only option given to me by Sam34, so maybe Sam can answer what exactly I am doing here?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello again.

I see you've started another thread which seems to be about the same issue. It would seem that your complaint is about the moderating of a forum itself, as opposed to complaining about a Moderator's actions.

Because of the wording of your other thread, I'm sensing that the Feedback forum is the place for this to be discussed, and if not, the Moderators there can move it back if they believe it doesn't belong there.

Before I can act on either thread, can you please point out where this is happening? If you see it happening in more than one thread, please post the links here.

I'll leave both threads open, and you can post links to where this may be happening on either this thread, or the other one. Whichever thread you post the links on will be the thread that houses the discussion.

Over to you.

-Shield.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

You can probably close this one Shield, ill deal with it on the new one,

thanks again

Thread closed on request from OP.

-Shield.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement