Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW 812 system question???

Options
  • 30-05-2015 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I have a HKC SW812 system and I'm considering upgrading.
    Im either go to go with a new Hybrid HKC system but I'd be happy to stay with my SW812 if I could add SMS/text notificiation/control.

Is there a GSM module for the SW812 that with do this?

Thanks

HG

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Why would you want to go with another 8/12?
    Its a very dated panel at this stage. It may very well be obsolete in the near future.
    I would look at the Securewave 1070 or maybe the Siemens SPC range if you want extra added features.

There would be GSM available for both. There would also be wireless & IP available.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hamguy

Hi ya,
    I was thinking of keeping my SW812 (to keep the cost down) and just buy a GSM card.
    HKC have a "DTMC" - will this do the job? But there's no SIM card socket?

Also, is this a "plug and play" installation - or is there firmware issues or something I should be prepared for?

Thanks

HG

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ahh Gotcha.
    You could add a GSM to that panel but I'm not sure it would be forward compatible down the line. If you upgrade the panel later you may need another GSM then as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Yep they have a GSM unit for that panel. Loads of options to keep you notified. Won't be obsolete anytime soon.
    You can have an smartphone app with that system or have it text you from a landline.

Advertisement