Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Are used bike prices going up?

• 30-05-2015 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I'm forever poking about looking at bikes on DoneDeal and Adverts and I've been noticing for the last while that the prices appear to be going back up. For example, in 2011 I sold my 9 year old 'Busa for something like €2,800 which was well priced at the time- it looks like you won't get a 9 yr old Busa for anything less than €4k.

Similarly, I was toying with flogging my 2001 GSX1400 around this time last year and was looking at low 2's but it seems that anything in any kind of good condition seems to have been going for something approaching 3ish.

Am I just imagining that prices are going up noticeably for the last 1-2 years now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Summer time prices go up no doubt, but there are dreamers out there. And some of the dealers think joe public is brain dead, never mind pricing. Went into a place in Kells on Friday to look at 3 bikes, all of them where in a state of dis-repair (no clutch cable, no pads in the other). So test drive out of the question.....it was the same when I went in 2 yrs ago before I got my current bike.

Sell in Summer, Buy in Winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

There are far fewer bikes on the road of any age -- was talking to a dealer the other day who says there are hundreds of new bikes coming into the country per year when it used to be thousands. That eventually impacts the resale (less stock and more demand means prices go up).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Definitely going up as a result of nothing being sold between 09 and 14 compared to previously. I know a couple of dealers quite well and they are even struggling with finding used stock. The fact that you basically can't buy from the UK with the exchange rate (used newer sportsbikes cost more than a new one here now) doesn't help

Advertisement