Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No HDMI cable with Xbox but needs PAL60

• 30-05-2015 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi,
    Bought a bundle today for 9 year old. Xbox 360 plus fifa 15. Asked the sales assistant at the time did I need hdmi cable as older son uses that on his console but was told no it's all in there. Got it home to discover it has an AV cable only. Now, this was sold as a bundle, the fifa game was in the box. But the Fifa game needs pal60 so that means it needs a hdmi cable. What do you think? I think xbox should come with a hdmi cable but they are cheapskates and don't bother so you have to out and buy one. But should I take it up with xbox directly, or with the seller?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

yes but the game that came bundled with it needs a hdmi cable so that should have come in the box too - if they are 1.49 in dealz then microsoft can be them for 1c

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Seesee wrote: »
    yes but the game that came bundled with it needs a hdmi cable so that should have come in the box too - if they are 1.49 in dealz then microsoft can be them for 1c

Go back in and ask to talk to the manager, explain the situation and see what he says.

Don't think that you have much to stand on from a legal perspective, what with a verbal agreement and all that, but perhaps the manager will see sense.

Also, don't buy a HDMI cable for more than 1.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

thanks everyone, nah I think i'll just buy the hdmi cable, can't believe they are so cheap, are they not crap at that price??
    going past my nearest dealz tomorrow, i might even buy 2 :)
    Still think the console should ship with one as standard but life is too short for that sort of argument...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Seesee wrote: »
    thanks everyone, nah I think i'll just buy the hdmi cable, can't believe they are so cheap, are they not crap at that price??
    going past my nearest dealz tomorrow, i might even buy 2 :)
    Still think the console should ship with one as standard but life is too short for that sort of argument...

Possibly, but it's a digital signal, meaning it either works or it doesn't. The old analog cable used to be dependent on the quality of the materials/construction, but with these it doesn't at all.

Mind you, doesn't stop absolute tools like Monster from trying to over charge everyone, look at this one for example. $70 for a cable that won't be an upgrade on the cable you buy in Dealz for less than two Euro.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Possibly, but it's a digital signal, meaning it either works or it doesn't. The old analog cable used to be dependent on the quality of the materials/construction, but with these it doesn't at all.

Mind you, doesn't stop absolute tools like Monster from trying to over charge everyone, look at this one for example. $70 for a cable that won't be an upgrade on the cable you buy in Dealz for less than two Euro.

Ha ha ha yeah like the old gold plated hdmi cables :D

My only beef with the cables dealz etc have is the length 1 or 1.5m can be a little short depending on the size of your TV and unit its on etc. Bigger TV could mean more distance between TV HDMI port and device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Pal60 doesn't even need a hdmi cable you just go into the display settings and change it to pal60.
    I know because back 8 years ago I used to have an old crt and used the composite part of the component hd av cable that used to come with old white xbox 360.
    I went into the display settings and changed it to pal60 and it worked fine with every single game.
    The cable that comes with the slim xbox 360 is unfortunately not the nice component hd and composite sd combination it used to be with the older models, now I believe it is just composite cable so although it will technically work when your 360 is set to widescreen and pal60 it'll look like crap on a high definition lcd so I do still recommend to the op to get a hdmi cable.
    The newer model xbox 360 doesn't support the component hd av cable anymore either as they took it out to make the console for cheaper.
    It doesn't support vga anymore either so no hooking it up to a monitor but you likely won't want to do that anyway.

Advertisement