Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tron 3 Cancelled

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

There was a Tron 2?

I guess Tron: Legacy could be referred to as Tron 2, so the sequel to Legacy could be 3? Shame. Also I sincerely doubt that Disney will invest millions into a movie because of a petition, especially because Legacy didn't do great at the box office, I believe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Energies would be better utilised trying to persuade Daft Punk to make more songs with histrionic Jeff Bridges voiceovers. No film required.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

They should continue 'Tron: Uprising' instead. Killed off far too soon.

ixoy wrote: »
    They should continue 'Tron: Uprising' instead. Killed off far too soon.

That really was one of the best animated series of the past decade. Incredibly dark, amazing voice acting, engaging storylines, and didn't treat kids like idiots. Very similar to the 90s Gargoyles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

The ending of the last one, is actually a pretty good way to end the series
    Jeff Bridges dead, grid wiped clean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Can't they go back in time and cancel pts 1 & 2 as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

The show couldn't really continue because it was set in the space between 1 and 2. I agree it was ace though. RTE got it and I was delighted.

Disappointed that it's been cut because I really like both films. Tbh it'll be back in a good 15-20 years again, this time in VR and we'll all be amazed by the visuals and the sounds. Tron doesn't really rely on plot but on good ideas. Pity because with all the good ideas there is acres of room to pile on good plot but Legacy just had a father/son thing and some romance angle. It could have been a great sci-fi, distopic thriller but noooooo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Beyond the kick-ass soundtrack, I didn't get the impression Tron: Legacy made any kind of impression, financially, critically, or whatever. Was this something people were champing at the bit over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I quite enjoyed it. It's not as good as the first one but it's still entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I enjoyed Tron Legacy too. Thought it was actually quite good and amazing special effects and sound. Raging that I did not go to the cinema to see it. It deserved to do better than it did. Would be great if they did another one but I guess Disney are too busy spending there money making the new Star Wars films now. Maybe if they do well they might consider doing another Tron film some time in the future.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

That ending before they leave the grid got me right in the feels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭captainfrost

So disappointing

Advertisement