Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa Del Rey Final SS5

• 30-05-2015 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭

Athletic Bilbao vs Barcelona

Messi has given Barca the lead with yet another amazing goal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

should be 4 up barca,that goal though...wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Alba bitching as always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

How's the sound for people watching this on SS 5, the crowd sound seems like its going up and down in an unnatural way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Ridiculous goal, it's ok to post youtube vids right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Glorious football, 2 nil. Neymar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Barcelona on this form will murder juve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Absolutely incredible performance tonight so far. Juventus should be fearful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Great effort from Williams!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Messi would make you weep with joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Alba bitching as always

He'd actually had reason that time. Bilbao were purposely slowing down barca freekicks/ keeper kick outs by blocking the player in a bid to stifle their counter threat. Not a bad tactic all the same. Wonder if Juve will employ it?

This game shows more than ever why Barcelona cannot let Alves go. Messi and Him have a telepathic connection. Montoya? Not so much.

Wish Bilbao had scored though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

user2011 wrote: »
    How's the sound for people watching this on SS 5, the crowd sound seems like its going up and down in an unnatural way.

same as that,they seem unable to balance the crowd and commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You just got to applaud Messi. A Super Human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Messi is just a different level to anyone else. Best player on the planet strikes again. Does things with the ball that is physically impossible for anyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Barca getting a bit complacent ? Would love bilbao to get a 2nd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Barca getting a bit complacent ? Would love bilbao to get a 2nd

Shush.

What was the 1984 reference? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Turtwig wrote: »
    What was the 1984 reference? :confused:

A big row in the same fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

If there is one team I'd love to see win a trophy it's Bilbao.

But well done to Barca all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Neymar needs to learn that it is not all about ducking and rolling...

Is that Xavi's 24th trophy!?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Messi. Best player on the planet. It's not even a competition. He is far ahead of any other player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

JPA wrote: »
    A big row in the same fixture.

With all due respects to Neymar,.....he's a sc*t. I speak as a Barca fan.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Is that Xavi's 24th trophy!?:eek:

Barca's grandad.

Pique and Suarez mocking Enrique!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Bilbao's supporters are incredible. Was a great atmosphere at the game.

Spain does not have a national stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

delaad wrote: »

Well it depends which club you think is Spain's biggest, as to whose stadium they use. It'd also be a bit mad to have another massive stadium when they have 4 already.

Xavi is my hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

They could use the 70,000+ White Elephant that is La Cartuja in Sevilla.

But it has a running track which affects athmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont need one they move the matches around. Imo is the best way for a natiional team to play.

Enrique not defending Neymar:

"if I was an Athletic player I'm sure i'd have responded the same way, or worse"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Missed the game due to work, and just seen the Messi 1st goal.

What more can be said about this guy. I have always championed Maradona over Messi as I am from a certain era of watching football, but Messi is surely the best there has ever been. Sensational again tonight. What a goal.

As for the Neymar flick, I don't see much wrong with it tbh. People try flicks all the time in football, why is this one considered disrespectful when others aren't?

They could use the 70,000+ White Elephant that is La Cartuja in Sevilla.

But it has a running track which affects athmosphere.

Or the Olympic, up in Montjuic, but maybe others might have a problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I couldn't comment last night as I watched this with friends and was slightly inebriated but oh my....wow. If there is a God then Barcelona is surely his club and Messi his player. We live in an age where there are many great players; Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, Iniesta, Ibrahimovic, Robben, these are all geniuses in their own right but they are ordinary geniuses, geniuses that you could already have imagined. Messi is different, he conjures moments beyond even your wildest imagination. He's the most complete player I've ever seen, he's the best player I've ever seen, and once again he's saved one of his greatest performances for a massive game. That's what Messi does, he dominates the biggest games.

The double is an incredible achievement, a momentous achievement considering where Barcelona were in January but the treble is history, in Berlin history beckons for Barcelona.

Don't think this goal of Messi's is even in his Top3 ever tbh. The net is claiming its his best.

He scored a goal a few years back which was compared to Maradona's v England, and it was also identical for speed and timing etc. Can't remember right now who that was against, but it was far better than last nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

It was against Getafe in 07. And the one last night was almost as good as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

NIMAN wrote: »
    Don't think this goal of Messi's is even in his Top3 ever tbh. The net is claiming its his best.

He scored a goal a few years back which was compared to Maradona's v England, and it was also identical for speed and timing etc. Can't remember right now who that was against, but it was far better than last nights.

Getafe in the Copa Del Rey I'm assuming.

It's debatable where it is on his greatest goals ever list, I'll simply say that his list dwarfs all others. My personal favorites are his wonder goal in the CL semi final vs Real Madrid and the goal that broke the internet vs Bayern Munich this season.

Last nights goal deserves a tonne of recognition though, I genuinely remember thinking when he picked up the ball and started dribbling down the line "he's running into a blind alley." To those of us unfortunate enough not to be able to see as Messi does, it seemed as though there was nothing on, he was just going to be swamped by Athletic Bilbao players, how he turns that situation into a goal is magic, the kind of goal that can only inspire child-like wonder to all those who witness it.

Thats the one.

I think that ones better simply cos he had to drag more hair around as well.

Advertisement