Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

complete savings ie /ticketmaster

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

delahuntv wrote: »
    You don't think people will click on it inadvertently and think its part of the process?

Suppose cigarette advertising doesn;t make people smoke - they just advertised for fun and the drop in smoking since advertising ban is coincedental?

Not evefryone is savvy online (or even in stores) - Youy may be, I may be and many other here may be, but a HUGE number of people put blind trust in sites like Irish Rail, Ticketmaster etc etc and Complet Savings take advantage of that and very purposely design the signup process in a way that whislt not illegal, certainly is very suspect and get the unsuspecting person to give their details.

Simnply have a look online asnd the the thousands of issues people have and they all have one thing in common - they feel like they were scammed. If Complet Savings were a supplier of a product or service, they would be be ostrocised for their type of business practice and their name would be mud.

But as they give a hiuge commission to these site and as they don;t have a physical product / service, they don;t really care if such a huge number feel like they've been scammed as every sign up is pure profit.

Ah yeah I know that lots of people aren't online-savvy, this whole thread is proof of that, but my point is that you can't just click on a link and that's it as has been implied, there's a whole sign up process to go through.

Whether it's online, over the phone or in a physical shop, if you give someone your credit card details, I think you have to expect that you're going to be charged for something.

A learning experience for the OP I suppose, read whatever it is you're signing up to before you accept the t&c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Ah yeah I know that lots of people aren't online-savvy, this whole thread is proof of that, but my point is that you can't just click on a link and that's it as has been implied, there's a whole sign up process to go through.

Have you tried it yourself? - I checked just to see how "hidden" the sign up process was. Its very much designed to make you think you are still in the main site of the company you were originally in - hence, unless you know about it and have your wits about you, you will get suckered into it.

If you signed up via ticketmaster, the ticketmaster logo is very prominent, same with irish rail and others.

For this reason many companies have stopped allowing complete savings to advertise on their sites as the bad pr wasn;t worth the commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 citkane

Complete savings is not a scam. You agree to their conditions, you give them your credit card number and if you tell them you did not realise you were on a different site to the Ticket master/iarnrod eireann/ ryanair/ site they give you your money back, and cancel your subscription
    However, it is very difficult to realize you have moved to a different website. It makes no sense to get 15 euro back and pay complete savings 144 euro per annual.
    Most people who use their card do not question payments as we forget what we have put through and most times in the past we have questioned payments they turned out to be genuine.
    Now here's the rub. You are tricked into signing up for a payment of 12 euro a month, you DO NOT receive an email telling you you are paying 12 euro per month and you DO NOT receive an email to tell you what discounts you receive or any notification that you are now a paying member of a discount club.
    Therefore, complete savings is trying to take your money without your knowledge but with your unwitting agreement.
    Therefore, companies like Ticket master/Iarnrod eireann / Ryanair have no integrity, the lure of easy money has made the hard nosed chiefs convince themselves that the information is there to be seen and if you don't see it ( and they go to great efforts to ensure, unless you are super vigilant that you won't, ) it your own stupidity.
    In short, all these large legitimate earn extra money from their customers trust with , in most cases no benefit.
    This practice is world wide, it says something about big business,
    <Mod note: wildly off topic stuff removed>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

citkane wrote: »
    Complete savings is not a scam. You agree to their conditions, you give them your credit card number and if you tell them you did not realise you were on a different site to the Ticket master/iarnrod eireann/ ryanair/ site they give you your money back, and cancel your subscription
    However, it is very difficult to realize you have moved to a different website. It makes no sense to get 15 euro back and pay complete savings 144 euro per annual.
    Most people who use their card do not question payments as we forget what we have put through and most times in the past we have questioned payments they turned out to be genuine.
    Now here's the rub. You are tricked into signing up for a payment of 12 euro a month, you DO NOT receive an email telling you you are paying 12 euro per month and you DO NOT receive an email to tell you what discounts you receive or any notification that you are now a paying member of a discount club.
    Therefore, complete savings is trying to take your money without your knowledge but with your unwitting agreement.
    Therefore, companies like Ticket master/Iarnrod eireann / Ryanair have no integrity, the lure of easy money has made the hard nosed chiefs convince themselves that the information is there to be seen and if you don't see it ( and they go to great efforts to ensure, unless you are super vigilant that you won't, ) it your own stupidity.
    In short, all these large legitimate earn extra money from their customers trust with , in most cases no benefit.
    This practice is world wide, it says something about big business,
    <Mod note: wildly off topic stuff removed>

Complete hoodwinkers .... If anyone is consulting boards about this ... Read the full blog. Google them yourselves .... Suggest .... "Court decisions - complete savings "
    I got my money back as did lots of others ... Mention publicizing their "service"

Remember ... If it's too good to be true it probably is...... Be aware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I very nearly just got suckered in by this through Ticketmaster after having completed their arduous process. I've been online since the late 90s and have been purchasing stuff online for about 15years but this is the first time I've nearly been hoodwinked.

On my ticket confirmation page below my tickets was this message:
    Special Offer
    Your purchase is complete
    Click here to claim your €10 cash back
    voucher on your next Ticketmaster purchase!

Continue

By clicking above, you can claim your reward from our
    preferred partner when you join their programme.
    Terms & conditions apply

The bit in large red lettering clearly suggests a tenner off of a future purchase from Ticketmaster. This clickbait is placed in the middle of sensitive information being sandwiched between my order details and links to print my tickets etc. Seriously ethically questionable on the side of Ticketmaster placing such a deceptive advert in this manner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Almost got suckered into this one myself this morning when using ticketmaster. Tut Tut Ticketmaster and the rest of the companies that put their reputation on the line with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sharknose

Just checked up with AIB on unknown €12 deduction on my credit card during the week, and then found previous deductions.

AIB were able to tell me it was to a company called Complete Savings, and could immediately give me a number to contact the company, so they seem well aware of the situation. I was surprised that they did not contact me to warn me about these deductions, they often contact me to verify credit card transactions.

When I contacted Complete Savings they were able to tell me that I "signed up" for this in JULY 2015, 21 months ago, when I made a Travelodge booking. I told them I had no recollection of ever signing up for any such. I have never received any communication from them whatsoever in regard to any such "agreement"

I told them I wanted to cancel any such "agreement" and to refund the €252 they had suckered from my credit card account. To my surprise they immediately said they were cancelling my account and would send me a refund form. I am awaiting this at present.

I have in the meantime being investigating this online, including here, and have found many references to similar experiences. I have also seen that it has been exposed in the Irish Times and on the Ray D'Arcy program on RTE as long ago as 2014, but it seems it continues to operate regardless.

Why can't this scam be shut down ?

They claim they are legal. In the fine print they might be, but they are certainly not honest. They are blood sucking parasites, and I don't understand how companies like Ryanair, Irish Rail, Travelodge etc., continue to allow them to operate on their websites, and allow Complete Savings to scam their clients.

At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I happened to check my online banking tonight and as I had been in London for the last few days I wondered what the 15E was that I was billed from yesterday.
    To cut a long story short and similar to the previous poster I was signed up from April 2016! via Irish rail ticket purchase, so I am out of my pocket of 450 or so :(

I rang to cancel and look for a refund form and this is you know that they're onto a good thing, they cancelled so easily and she said 3 months membership will be refunded and a refund form for the rest is getting sent out via email within the next 24 hours.

The e-mail I got said this which seem's to show only 1 refund..15?

"This notice confirms that your Membership in Complete Savings has been cancelled as of 24/10/2018.

Your cancel confirmation number is: xxxxxxxx

We have issued a refund of your Membership fee. This refund will appear as a credit to your account within the next 10 working days.

Please let us know if your request was resolved to your satisfaction. All responses submitted will go to our Customer Service Director for review because your feedback is important to us. "

I was unemployed for half of this period so how I did not see this is making me so angry with myself lol

Anyway glass half full I'm glad I found this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

OK A HAPPY ENDING FOR ME GOT IT ALL BACK.
    I phoned and emailed them, only odd thing was how polite and easy it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

OK A HAPPY ENDING FOR ME GOT IT ALL BACK.
    I phoned and emailed them, only odd thing was how polite and easy it was?

They're aware of how borderline what they're doing is. Most of the premium rate text providers that have spurious signup options will refund the lot when asked also for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,487 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Seems like a sensible business decision. Give no hassle refunds to anybody that asks, that way you minimise bad publicity and continue to clean up from your target market, the people who didn't and still don't realise what happened.

[snipped]

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Still getting away with it. Just been robbed of 15 euro. Never heard of them till i googled the transaction and certainly never knowingly told them they could access my bank account. Let the war begin. Over my dead body are they keeping that money

Advertisement