Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retropie setup

• 30-05-2015 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Im currently setting up retropie on a pi2 with a 64 sandisk ultra class 10 as recommended and i am using this guide: http://blog.petrockblock.com/retropie/retropie-downloads/retropie-sd-card-image-for-raspberry-pi-2/

All setup now and running roms fine I am having a couple of issues though,

First is a small one... they state that if you plug in a usb stick with a folder already on it called "retropie" it will populate that folder with folders to place your roms into. (which would make life easy enough for me) i plug it in and have left it for a while, but no populating of the folder when i check it in the laptop? (i can use Winscp and transfer files to roms folders over the network but would prefer the usb stick method)

Second one is that i am using a usb generic 8 button controller and i have configured it in the main menu of emulation station, but i find it doesnt respond in some console systems/games at all? don't know why.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

For the rom population you need a folder on the root of the USB stick called "roms".
    I cant remember if you need the emulator name also.

/roms/[emulatorname]

The cfg for this what folder it looks for is:
    ~/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

It will look like:
    DESCNAME=Atari 800
    NAME=atari800
    PATH=/media/usb/atari800

I had a similar issue with usb joystick.
    Will try and remember what i did.

EDIT:
    I used an early version of RetroPie so had to edit the retroarch.cfg

https://github.com/petrockblog/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Control-Issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Tried adding a "roms" folder to the root of the usb stick, but still no population. Im following the guide in the retropie wiki which states:
    Auto copy files from USB-stick

You also have the possibility to use a service that automatically copies ROMs from an USB stick into the correct directories. You can enable this service with the RetroPie Setup Script from within the "Setup" menu. If you are using the SD-card image download of the RetroPie Project, this copy service is already enabled.

The service works as following: The first time you plug the USB stick into the the RPi, a ROM directory structure is generated on the USB stick, which only takes a few seconds. You can unplug the stick, put it into your PC and copy your ROMs into the corresponding directories on the USB stick. When you put the USB stick back into the RPi, the ROMs are automatically synchronized with the ROM folder on the RPi. When the flashing on your USB sticks ends (which indicates that no writing or reading activities are going on) you can unplug your USB stick.

Starting with RetroPie 3.0 you first need to create a folder called retropie on your USB stick and then follow the above steps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you find out the path it assigns to your USB stick, you can change the configuration file to use that path for the roms, rather than than have them copy to the sd card

Advertisement