Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardening- seeds, plants, clay pots?

Options
  • 30-05-2015 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, I am new here, and would like to know where I can get things for gardening such as compost, seeds for herbs,flowers,vegetable bulbs, plants and clay pots possibily under same roof. Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

If you're on the west side of town, B&Q. If on the east, Woddies. Either of them will have what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Vrinda wrote: »
    Hi, I am new here, and would like to know where I can get things for gardening such as compost, seeds for herbs,flowers,vegetable bulbs, plants and clay pots possibily under same roof. Thanks!!

I recommend checking out dealz in the headford rd shopping center for some cheap gardening bits, and then if there's anything you can't find there you can go the other places that were mentioned. It could save you a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Vrinda

b.gud wrote: »
    I recommend checking out dealz in the headford rd shopping center for some cheap gardening bits, and then if there's anything you can't find there you can go the other places that were mentioned. It could save you a few quid

Woodie's DIY on map shows headford rd, is that the one you are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Vrinda wrote: »
    Woodie's DIY on map shows headford rd, is that the one you are talking about?

Actually forgot that was there. No the place I'm talking about is dealz across the road from that. Woodies is beside Halfords in the area where the cinema Smyths, Aldi, Currys etc is. Dealz, which is kinda a €2 shop just with a better selection, is beside planet leisure in the complex where Tesco, Supermacs etc is

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

B&Q, Woodies etc are general DIY stores with a garden section. If you want to visit a garden centre then I would recommend Dangan Nurseries. There is also McGaughs garden centre on the Headford Road.

http://www.galwaygardencentre.com/

http://www.mcgaughs.com/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I reckon going to Dealz once, will look more , it looked so much like Poundland UK

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It is Poundland actually. It's just that they call it Dealz in the rest of Europe.

We couldnt make it to dealz but will have a look there as well whenever get a chance soon. I just made a trip to woodies, didnt like seeing roundup everywhere and was a bit pricey but clay pots were on sale, so it was a good purchase,also seeds were ok price, and some even organic. Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Advertisement