Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cop Car 2015

• 31-05-2015 12:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

This looks decent, the trailer mentions Coen brothers but dont think its theirs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Anybody else seen this?

It was OK, but there was just something about it that felt a bit 'off' to me. I think it was the kids. One of them is afraid to say the word fu** as 'it's the worst cuss word', but has no problem stealing a cop car?! It just felt too unrealistic! I think the movie as whole would have worked much better if the kids were a bit older.

It's worth a watch though, and some people might not have the problem with it that I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

From the IMDB Message Boards...

Cop_Car_Chat.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I saw this during the Edinburgh International Film Festival in June, and I thought it was excellent. The two boys were very well-played, with their interactions and dialogue feeling very naturalistic, and there were some fantastically funny moments in the film alongside some lovely visuals (the lingering shots of the kids driving the stolen car around fields, siren blaring, are just great IMO).

Edit: I figured I'd add my original review from here:
    Fysh wrote: »
    And another EIFF report:
    Cop Car
    I thought this was excellent, a really simple yet taut thriller with two excellent young actors as the leads. A simpe yet taut thriller about two young runaways who find an abandoned police cruiser and go joyriding int it, and the sherrif trying to get back his squad car without drawing attention to himself or the reasons why he had left his squad car abandoned in the middle of nowhere. Somewhat reminiscent of Mud, the film has some lovely visuals, including a bunch of panoramic shots that both set the scene and establish mood. The script and central performances are its biggest strength, though - the two young leads are excellent, as is Kevin Bacon's dodgy sherrif. Definitely worth a watch whenever it gets a wider release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I reall enjoyed this, very well made and acted.

Also, worth watching as a sequel to me myself and Irene where hank now has full control.

Advertisement