Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canaries weather

Options
  • 31-05-2015 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Any chance someone could have a look at a chart and tell me what the weather is going to be like from the 8 till the 18th heading on hols and online reports look like its not going to be great!!
    Thanks
    E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Where did you see that it wasn't going to be great?

Hard to get a reliable idea of what it might be like from 8th June - 18th June, but I'd say you'll see plenty of sun.

Just checking out long forecast from yr.no (only covers your 1st couple of days) and they appear to be good.

http://www.yr.no/place/Spain/Canary_Islands/Lanzarote/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

elius wrote: »
    Any chance someone could have a look at a chart and tell me what the weather is going to be like from the 8 till the 18th heading on hols and online reports look like its not going to be great!!
    Thanks
    E

Which island are you going to? Weather in the canaries is never 'bad' I wouldn't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Which island are you going to? Weather in the canaries is never 'bad' I wouldn't worry

Heading to Lanzarote TheMilkyPirate. Was looking on accu weather. was just hoping someone on here might be able to share there findings.
    Cheers
    E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I've been there literally every month of the year. The only time you might get bad weather is January.
    There is not really a chance of it raining in June, very rarely you will get more than a day overcast either.
    Trust me, it will be sunny more than it won't.

It might be a bit windy and that will often show up ahead of the sun symbols on the weather apps and websites but that doesn't mean it won't be sunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I've been there literally every month of the year. The only time you might get bad weather is January.
    There is not really a chance of it raining in June, very rarely you will get more than a day overcast either.

It might be a bit windy and that will often show up ahead of the sun symbols on the weather apps and websites but that doesn't mean it won't be sunny.
    Agree wholeheartedly with this. Don't worry weather will be lovely there and certainly much better than here. Let us know when you get back what it was like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Been there twice during June and it was bone dry. There's a reason why cacti are the only vegetation that grows there.

Watch out for sunburn, though. June is the worst time for Irish people to be visiting the northern tropics/sub-tropics.

I was there I think 6 years ago in June and we had 3 straight days of cloud and wind. Didn't mind an excuse to stay inside by that point of the holiday but still. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Thanks
    E
    In all fairness I'd pack the winter woollies a brolly and some rain gear looks grim there from the 8th - 18th i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Heading to Lanzarote TheMilkyPirate. Was looking on accu weather. was just hoping someone on here might be able to share there findings.
    Cheers
    E

You'll be fine it's June in the canaries. I was in Fuerteventura in april which would be considered to have probably the least favourable weather out of all the islands and besides being a bit overcast in the morning and the constant breeze that blows on Fuerte it was roasting.

If you want guaranteed good weather there's not many short haul destinantions better than the canaries.

I want to go on back now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I was there in Lanzarote last year in early July. I woke up one morning to misty drizzle! But it was bone dry and totally sunny again within an hour or 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I was in Fuerteventura earlier this month and there was slight drizzle one day. Had 2 cloudy days out of 10.

Advertisement