Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensitive ads

Options
  • 31-05-2015 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if I'm in the right area, but it's my first complaint on Boards. The ads as you scroll seem to be extremely sensitive, touch off them at all and it takes you to another site. What's going on with that?? It's very annoying and off-putting
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Don't think Boards.ie has any control over the sensitivity that I am aware of. You can read this below from a recent thread on ads.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95552548&postcount=17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Whatever about sensitivity, I feel some of them are too big and are too easy to accidentally tap on when scrolling up/down screen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Puddle Q

Lot of odd ads about Russian mail order brides lately ! Jaysus wept ! 1 mot's enough

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Puddle Q wrote: »
    Lot of odd ads about Russian mail order brides lately ! Jaysus wept ! 1 mot's enough

Aren't ads based on your search history?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Puddle Q wrote: »

I keep getting ads for really dark navy blue socks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Neyite wrote: »
    Aren't ads based on your search history?

Not necessarily.

Advertisement