Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

it's official. Recession is dead according to Barry Egan.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Ah lads, we all know that the prophecy says that the Recession will not be officially dead until we start up the next Boom. They say the first sign of which will be a re-incarnated Gavin Lambe Murphy on the front page of the Sindo publicising an oxygen bar which he's behind/gets free... oxygen from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That article made me feel queasy, which is fairly consistent for a Barry Egan article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Barry Egan was writing sh1te like this before since before the Celtic Tiger was even a twinkle in its Daddys eyes. He learned at the bosom of Terry Keane and copied her style and continues to do so to this day. It hasn't aged well!

Neither has he!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I meet Lisa by accident by the rose bushes. I tell her that I can't keep up with her and Gerald's love life.

Lol. A regular peeping Tom. I hope he didn't get any thorns stuck on his bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

I want to punch him in his ugly brown nosing face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Wow, 3 posts. For someone here 7 years with just over 220 posts, you really are passionate about this one immortals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

If he's reading this, he'll have himself convinced blind that it's "begrudgery" at his success: "entertainment journalist" with a ridiculed rag, and rubbing shoulders with vapid nobodies. Gerald Kean seems like a sound enough fella in fairness though, but it's cringey that he's wheeled out like Ireland's Kanye West every Sunday, only by one publication.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Barry egan is one good reason to bring back the firing squad.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Go short on UK property stocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eternal wrote: »
    Lisa Murphy has a savage body though. I'd give her one.

One what, a strap-on the size of a tower-crane operator's Thermos? I thought you were a burd? And one day I will find Barry Egan, and I will feed him his own beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I'd actually love to go to a party like that.be like watching ****ed up animals in the zoo.id say yer man keane is a great craic too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Oh how sad it is to see the great and the good disparage this man who is guilty of nothing but keeping the neglected torch of prosperity alight in the face of ignomy and austerity.

How disappointing to see this sage decried by those who would wish away the legacy of the glorious celtic tiger.

If only we had a legion of Egans, this country's troubles would be over very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

smurgen wrote: »
    I'd actually love to go to a party like that.be like watching ****ed up animals in the zoo.id say yer man keane is a great craic too.

The Orang-Utans are ashamed of him. The way he wipes his arse with his hand and flings the result at anyone he thinks is paying attention is more reminiscent of a chimpanzee, or possibly a Fine Gael minister.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I think that every now and again Lisa Murphy has a lightbulb moment and she realises that she's a prostitute, a little bit of self respect creeps in and she walks away from Keane.
    A few weeks later she's running low on botox and shiny things so it's back to giving Keane blow jobs and taking it up the bum.

I think that is a very unfair red card.

Advertisement