Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bestman Mission!!!

Options
  • 31-05-2015 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey All,

Well, The wedding of the year is fast approaching and I (The Bestman) find myself pondering the question....How can I make this the best and most memorable day for my friends. I asked myself that question at the end of last year when I was asked to do the great honor of Bestman for my friend. Since then I have been working on a big project to bring together short clips from Celebs, Sports Stars and many other people into one presentation to show at the wedding speeches. It has worked out better than I could have ever expected and I have accumulated about 30 videos altogether over the past 8 months....hard work...very but worth every minute!

With the wedding a few months away I want to go an extra step for the happy couple and am looking for some ideas. I'm looking for the WOW factor and I'm looking to impress my friends and the guests....the presentation video is half that battle done already, but I want something else. The wedding itself is abroad so I still have a lot of organizing to do (projector, screen, sound etc).

Aside from the presentation video....can anyone reach into the back of their brains and give me some "out of the box" suggestions that I could consider for the big day or the days before or after as the whole thing will go on for a few days.

Thanks a million for reading folks....hope you can send me on some good ideas that maybe I haven't thought of yet....BTW, don't hold back, if there is one thing that i have learned over the past 8 months from chasing Celebs is that nothing is impossible if you apply yourself to the task. So be outrageous with your suggestions, everything is worth a shot :-) Double BTW, these 2 people are the most amazing, generous and fun loving people you could ever meet, they deserve everything they get on their special day.

Thanks guys,

Best Man
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh wow!!! You are so nice, what are you doing around August haha!! That is like the nicest thing they will be blessed to have you are their best man....

cant think of anything off the top of my head but I shall put the cap on

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BestmanMission

Milly33 wrote:
    cant think of anything off the top of my head but I shall put the cap on

Thanks a mill Milly!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

I'd suggest YouTube. Anything really cool is bound to have been recorded.

Thanks for that, i'll give youtube a look!

Anyone else have anything in mind they would like to share??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭ronjo

I think you are completely and utterly nuts but best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

I think what you're done sounds amazing, but I'd be afraid you risk overdoing it if you have too much planned. A few well chosen words from the heart will round it off nicely, and will mean you're not too distracted by other stuff on the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

sounds like you've put a lot of work into this and fair play to you... I would, however, suggest you keep the length of the video to the attention span of the average guest, and don't outshine the couple.
    I'm sure you've already done more than enough to entertain everyone by the sounds of it and your friends will hopefully appreciate all the efforts you've gone to! Well done & best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

What you've organised sounds lovely and it shows that you've put a lot of thought and energy into it. :)

Gatica wrote:
    sounds like you've put a lot of work into this and fair play to you... I would, however, suggest you keep the length of the video to the attention span of the average guest, and don't outshine the couple. I'm sure you've already done more than enough to entertain everyone by the sounds of it and your friends will hopefully appreciate all the efforts you've gone to! Well done & best of luck!

Thanks for that amd yes I think you are right in what you are saying. I think because I have been working on ut non stop I am just finding it hard to switch off. But I think enough is enough, you are right. The video will contain pictures of happy couple throughout which celebs are holding etc so outshining them shouldn't be an issue. I am aiming on the video being about 12 mins or so and then few nice words from myself. Sound okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Sounds lovely. And it sounds like you are a wonderful friend! Just whatever you do... Don't let it go on too long. Especially if it's before dinner!
    I mean that in the nicest possible way as you sound wonderful.

• Advertisement

Sligo1 wrote:
    Sounds lovely. And it sounds like you are a wonderful friend! Just whatever you do... Don't let it go on too long. Especially if it's before dinner! I mean that in the nicest possible way as you sound wonderful.

Thanks a million for that :-) As I said I think the video will go for about 12 mins followed by few words. Sound ok u think? The videos kind of roll into one another and are a good mix of funny, touching and Wow. Sound ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Thanks a million for that :-) As I said I think the video will go for about 12 mins followed by few words. Sound ok u think? The videos kind of roll into one another and are a good mix of funny, touching and Wow. Sound ok?

Sounds lovely. Our best mans speech was only a couple minutes and he was so nervous he forgot my mums name (I was the bride). Lol.

Sligo1 wrote:
    Sounds lovely. Our best mans speech was only a couple minutes and he was so nervous he forgot my mums name (I was the bride). Lol.

No way, thats hilarious :-) These are the memories though ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

My husband was so nervous he forgot my mum's name too.... happens. :P although he was a bit mortified.

BestmanMission, 12 mins sounds reasonable so apart from congratulating them and saying the couple of words, I'd say you're set!

Cheers all for the advise...really appreciate it !

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tea and cake

That sounds fab!As a matter of interest, what celebrities/sports people did you manage to get?

Just wondering if anyone has any more suggestions?

Advertisement