Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a prepay locked phone to unlock

Options
  • 31-05-2015 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭

My iPhone is away being repaired and I need a cheap smartphone to use as a back up.

If I run into my local Carphone warehouse is it still possible to buy a prepay cheap smartphone and then get it unlocked as I'm on the cheapest 48months network?

I was thinking of the HTC desire range for about €99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

IrishHomer wrote: »
    My iPhone is away being repaired and I need a cheap smartphone to use as a back up.

If I run into my local Carphone warehouse is it still possible to buy a prepay cheap smartphone and then get it unlocked as I'm on the cheapest 48months network?

I was thinking of the HTC desire range for about €99
    You will have to spend credit or go get unlocked. Or ask for a sim free one. Sim free phone's in car phone have "cpw" written on them this is so they can cross sell on networks.

Advertisement