Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Codling Moth

Options
  • 31-05-2015 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

These are the guys whose larvae get into apple cores as they grow. Any tips to prevent or is it too late? I have marble sized apples now. I have put corrugated card board around the trunk and hung a couple of waterbottles with molasses but no sign of any captives. We had lovely crop from our small tree last year but most seemed affected. They could be eaten carefully but not to give away or for storage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

No not too late to continue with preventative measures. I must be just lucky as I've never experienced an infestation! Other things to do are using a horticultural glue on the trunk or pheromone traps. I can't advise as to the efficacy but the corrugated cardboard you mentioned crops up regularly as a recommended method to prevent attacks.

Advertisement