Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI bank card refused at AIB ATM but account still debited

Options
  • 31-05-2015 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭

I see BOI standard ATM cards no longer work at AIB ATMs. I found this out whilst using an ATM.

However, in spite of not getting my money as one might expect at an ATM my current account was still debited. So if I was stuck for cash I would now not have been able to get out at another ATM. Fortunately not the case for me this weekend, but still really really poor from both your IT systems and your ATM card management. I assume my account balance error will be rectified 2 days time when you open up again?

I googled and it looks like I need to get a VISA debit card now whether I want one or not. My standard  bank ATM card does not expire until Dec 2015. Do I need to pay for a VISA debit card before my standard card expires?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

dirtyden wrote: »
    I see BOI standard ATM cards no longer work at AIB ATMs. I found this out whilst using an ATM.

However, in spite of not getting my money as one might expect at an ATM my current account was still debited. So if I was stuck for cash I would now not have been able to get out at another ATM. Fortunately not the case for me this weekend, but still really really poor from both your IT systems and your ATM card management. I assume my account balance error will be rectified 2 days time when you open up again?

I googled and it looks like I need to get a VISA debit card now whether I want one or not. My standard  bank ATM card does not expire until Dec 2015. Do I need to pay for a VISA debit card before my standard card expires?
    Hi dirtyden,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced difficulty while using your card at an ATM. As we have no account access here please call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to check this for you and advise on ordering a Visa debit card for your account. This phone line is available 8am -12midnight Monday- Friday and 9am -6pm Weekends and Bank holidays.

Thanks again,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Hi Tara,

The problem was not that I experienced difficulty with my card. It is that the card BOI provided me with no longer works correctly at all ATMS and I have yet to be provided with an alternative card. There has been no reply when I tried the online inbox on banking 365 and I also could not get through on the phone above (on hold for over 10 mins). The failed transaction still registers as a debit on my account. Is there another means of contacting BOI without having to visit a branch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi dirtyden

Thanks for getting in touch with us again this morning.

Sorry to hear you are awaiting a response via Online Service Desk. Just to mention, the first Visa Debit Card will need to be ordered by calling BOI Direct or alternatively visiting a nearby branch. From reading your post, we're aware you have attempted to call this morning and would be more than happy to arrange a call from the BOI Direct Team to you today. 

Could you please send us a PM with your full name, contact number and name of your account holding branch please? Just be careful, not to send us any account details.

To send us a PM, please ensure your signature is set to display in your 'Control Panel Settings' and then click on the link in my signature to send a private message.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement