Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester players in racist sex orgy

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,428 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Haven't seen the video, but the report is that they called her "slit eye".

Not racist. Obviously referring to their own apendage... ol' slit eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

three lads with hookers on holidays

disgusting, death penalty will sort them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The players have apologised for their actions apparently. Or the club is stating they have anyway.
    A Leicester City spokesman said:"The Board of Leicester City Football Club is deeply concerned about an incident involving three of our young professionals during a recent trip to Thailand. Our players at every level are expected to behave as representatives and ambassadors for our Football Club, both on official Club duty and in their personal lives, so we treat their conduct extremely seriously.

“Following a preliminary meeting in consultation with the three players earlier today, the players involved in the incident are now returning to the UK, in advance of the rest of the squad.

"Tom Hopper, James Pearson and Adam Smith would like to convey their sincere apologies for their behaviour – to the women involved in the incident, to the Club and its owners, to the Club’s fans and to their families.

“A formal process of investigation will be undertaken with the players in conjunction with their representatives and, as such, no further comment can be made at this stage.

“Leicester City remains wholly committed to promoting equality in football and in wider society and to our players recognising their responsibilities as role models to young people.”

The Leicester fan reaction seems to be very strongly on the side of sacking them: disgust at their behaviour, not very good players to begin with and endangering LCFCs relationship with their Thai owners/funding seem to be the primary reasoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Jesus that video (well, audio) is awful.

Whatever about being racist, they're clearly pretty **** human beings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The guy in the video couldn't be any more of a **** if he tried

Is there something about playing football in front of people or on TV that makes them so desperate for everyone to see or be around when they're getting their rocks off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The three players have been sacked by Leicester today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Corholio wrote: »

Only because they're dispensable. If it had been key players there's no chance they'd have been sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Seems harsh, if only because the same would never have happened to a valuable first-teamer. Manager's son and all. Wow. He won't be staying there long now I'm sure.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Only because they're dispensable. If it had been key players there's no chance they'd have been sacked.

Of course not, the same applies to all facets of life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Of course not, the same applies to all facets of life.

What?

What?

That dispensable people are easier to sack than more important people.

That dispensable people are easier to sack than more important people.

I thought that was what you meant. So do you think it was paying for sex that got them sacked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I thought that was what you meant. So do you think it was paying for sex that got them sacked?

Think it would be under something like 'disgracing the club' or something a long those lines.

Think it would be under something like 'disgracing the club' or something a long those lines.

I hope hes not going to say Racism. Theres two clear examples of indispensable rascists not being sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I hope hes not going to say Racism. Theres two clear examples of indispensable rascists not being sacked.

Even if it is something like 'bringing the company reputation into disrepute', it'll have that same effect.

You do realise I'm not saying it's right that apparent dispensible people get sacked faster than more important ones right? I was agreeing with Paully D that that's the way it usually goes.

You do realise I'm not saying it's right that apparent dispensible people get sacked faster than more important ones right? I was agreeing with Paully D that that's the way it usually goes.

Whoops I thought you meant the percieved "dispensability" of the player had nothing to do with the sacking. My bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sacked for 'ill discipline'

Still though, right decision, and if it helps other people, key footballers, dispensable footballers or even people who aren't footballers at all, realise that that behaviour is outrageous, better still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think the racism/racist comment thing is way wide of the mark.

Considering there was an orgy, recorded on a phone, I'm going to make the assumption that the lads involved were pissed. One of them made one comment, and others laughed.

There is a difference, and as someone else mentioned its not a clear cut " racist comment".

I'd imagine they have been sacked due to getting drunk on a club tour, being involved in an orgy with prostitutes and having the whole thing recorded and it plastered all over the internet.

It will never compute with me how apprentice footballers who are in a massive position of privilege, with a real chance at making a stellar career for themselves, do the most moronic things like this. It must be an attitude thing with fellas in acadamies from a young age, with just no exposure to the real world, at all. Grealish is another prime example.

You'd think that with a chance of becoming a professional footballer you could cut the horse **** out for the relative short length of your career, and enjoy yourself during the designated team outings that are usually well marshaled. Once you retire do what you want.

These three lads might well continue to have a career, but it will be lower league and they will only be remembered for a horribly cringy sex video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You can't compare Grealish passing out on the street to this lot. Have you heard what that ****'s saying in the video?

TheDoc wrote: »
    Considering there was an orgy, recorded on a phone, I'm going to make the assumption that the lads involved were pissed. One of them made one comment, and others laughed.

The video, with the racist remarks, was,circulated by one or more of them.

It was open to any of them, when they sobered up, to clarify who said what and distance themselves from the racism.

I have no sympathy for them. I have no issue with them being drunk or being in an orgy. Being drunk and stupid is all that is alleged against Grealish, none of which are appalling. Racism is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

In this case I'm not sure.
    Given Leicester's ties with Thailand, I really think it would have been difficult to even keep on a first team player, pretty embarrassing stuff for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

bohsman wrote: »
    Did anybody actually read the article? One used the term sliteye and the other 2 laughed. All massively sensationalized by a tabloid. All the video really proves is how stupid they were to film and share the whole thing.

Yeah I am sure the owners were only too happy to know that some of their staff referred to their nationality as slit eyes.
    sabat wrote: »
    Hard as it is to believe, it's actually illegal. What I don't get is footballers' penchant for this kind of sexual activity-when I'm ever lucky enough to pick up a woman I don't invite my workmates back to the room to record it and 'have the bantz.' The owner of Leicester and King Power is a massively corrupt crook btw, like every other rich person in that country.

He may be corrupt, but he might still not like being insulted and having shame and dishonour being brought on his pet project.
    In this case I'm not sure.
    Given Leicester's ties with Thailand, I really think it would have been difficult to even keep on a first team player, pretty embarrassing stuff for the club.

I don't think Leicester have many world class players that they can't afford to lose.
    We are not talking about a Suarez here or even a Terry here.

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    Yeah I am sure the owners were only too happy to know that some of their staff referred to their nationality as slit eyes.

He may be corrupt, but he might still not like being insulted and having shame and dishonour being brought on his pet project.

I don't think Leicester have many world class players that they can't afford to lose.
    We are not talking about a Suarez here or even a Terry here.
    It's all relative really. They'd hardly be sacking Cambiasso, Ulloa, or Vardy.

Well, that's the expected result. If your team is owned by a Thai billionaire, and you go on a goodwill trip to Thailand, and you record an orgy with Thai prostitutes who you demean and laugh at, calling them sliteyes...well, you're going to get the sack for one reason or another.

No sympathy for the players. If they're any good some lower league side will pick them up and their careers will continue with only a slight blip and maybe some chanting from opposition fans. If they're not any good, they wouldn't have made it anyway.

CSF wrote: »
    It's all relative really. They'd hardly be sacking Cambiasso, Ulloa, or Vardy.

I think they would have in this case - this isn't racism as an academic exercise for the owners. Its the players making racist remarks against the owners countrymen. Its not the same as English club owners frowning on racism as a disagreeable thing. Thai owners are going to take it personally when slurs against Thai people are being thrown around by their players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

To be honest ... fcuk 'em ... I've no sympathy for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

As if poor Adam Smith (one of the three) hadn't suffered enough, now he has signed for Northampton Town. Probably be first choice goalkeeper since we don't have anyone else on the books at the minute.

• Advertisement

As if poor Adam Smith (one of the three) hadn't suffered enough, now he has signed for Northampton Town. Probably be first choice goalkeeper since we don't have anyone else on the books at the minute.

Yeah, let's just hope that letting 3 go in isn't a regular thing under his watch.

I'll get my coat.

Just goes to show how little impacted the players will be by this. They'll still be signed, still play, still get paid. Nobody need spare any sympathy for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Sand wrote: »
    Just goes to show how little impacted the players will be by this. They'll still be signed, still play, still get paid. Nobody need spare any sympathy for them.

I don't have any sympathy for him, apart from ending up at the Cobblers, but he will have taken a big drop in wages and a drop in status so deserved or not, he absolutely has been impacted. Average wage in league 2 is only the UK average wage, not the silly money even fringe squad players get in smaller premier league teams or championship teams.

Like going from working in a good restaurant to working in McDonald's. Also afaik he's the only one to get work again so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Hard to imagine he's capable of many clean sheets.

The other two lads, the outfield players, surely they could add a bit of penetration to any team

So if the Vardy allegations are true will the same be applied or is that just or reserve/youth players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hopefully he gets the same ban Suarez got for using racist language

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why should he ? It wasn't on the football field ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Still as bad. racist language is racist language. He's a player who represents the English premeir league so should be made an example of.

CSF wrote: »
    So if the Vardy allegations are true will the same be applied or is that just or reserve/youth players?

Vardy is more useful to the club than reserve/youth team players, and he wasn't personally insulting the owners so he's not as likely to be sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Thats interesting alright. On the other hand Rio and others got bans/fines for saying stuff on their twitter accounts. Not really football related either. And Mackay wasn't charged for racist comments due to the expected private nature of his phone exchange. Don't think says racist comments in public like Vardy can have the Mackay defense though as it was in a public setting.

Sand wrote: »
    Vardy is more useful to the club than reserve/youth team players, and he wasn't personally insulting the owners so he's not as likely to be sacked.
    Of course he isn't going to be sacked, I wasn't for a second saying he would be.

Advertisement