Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomtom runner cardio

Options
  • 31-05-2015 12:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying one of these, like the idea of built in heart rate monitor, any one got any advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

I had a tomtom cardio runner. I sold it and got a garmin 220 and went back to the chest strap for HR. Didn't like the tom-tom due to the inability to program sessions in a detailed way. The watch works fine and the HR works fine too.

If I were you, I would wait for the garmin FR225 which will have the optical HR monitor in wrist too. Think it is being released some time over the summer (possibly june). It will also have a step counter in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

If I were you, I would wait for the garmin FR225 which will have the optical HR monitor in wrist too. Think it is being released some time over the summer (possibly june). It will also have a step counter in it.

I'm holding out for this as well. Amazon have it listed with a release date of 14th July.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Anyone have a opinion on the tomtom, I find mine to be brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

Got the Cardio 2 a few weeks ago. Not running long but the armstrap for phone drove me nuts so being able to use the watch for music is huge. So far so good with it, haven't found a fault with the watch itself but the Tomtom app is a disaster. I can't view any activities but it does sync to Strava through the app flawlessly so happy with that. Battery life not as good as the reviews I looked at before buying but it's not much hassle to plug it in every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Stillnotworking

mickob16 wrote: »
    Got the Cardio 2 a few weeks ago. Not running long but the armstrap for phone drove me nuts so being able to use the watch for music is huge. So far so good with it, haven't found a fault with the watch itself but the Tomtom app is a disaster. I can't view any activities but it does sync to Strava through the app flawlessly so happy with that. Battery life not as good as the reviews I looked at before buying but it's not much hassle to plug it in every few days.

Hi Mickob16, what bluetooth headphones do you use for the TomTom please? I have tried a few sets and none will connect. Thanks,Owen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

Hi Mickob16, what bluetooth headphones do you use for the TomTom please? I have tried a few sets and none will connect. Thanks,Owen

Hi Owen, I'm using Mpow Wolverine with the TomTom which are working fine.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01711GY9G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1460052698&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=Bluetooth+Sports+Headphones%2C+Mpow%C2%AE+Wolverine+Wireless+Bluetooth&dpPl=1&dpID=41wyKwmBT2L&ref=plSrch

AdamB wrote: »

Thanks a million for that and esp the link. Any issue with them popping out of the ears. I found that with the iPhone headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

I've had no problems with them popping out, and I have huge ears :P They come with several sizes of buds which is good.
    I have found that bluetooth connectivity is perfect when I wear the watch on my right wrist as the mpow's receiver is on the right also, not that the connection is poor on the left, just not 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

Hey Owen, there JAM headphones. I have found though that when using GPS, HR and the headphones the battery literally empties during a short enough run and I've ended up disconnecting them to ensure the whole run is tracked.

mickob16 wrote: »
    Hey Owen, there JAM headphones. I have found though that when using GPS, HR and the headphones the battery literally empties during a short enough run and I've ended up disconnecting them to ensure the whole run is tracked.

Thanks Mickob16, now just to decide between the 2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement