Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tv netflix

• 31-05-2015 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I'm interested in getting Netflix I have sky but there's never anything on just wondering how Netflix works how do U find it and does it use much internet would U have to b well U on technology to get it up and running thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's a free 1 month trial, take the trial and see how you get on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

amie lee wrote: »
    I'm interested in getting Netflix I have sky but there's never anything on just wondering how Netflix works how do U find it and does it use much internet would U have to b well U on technology to get it up and running thanks

Is that the turbo or non-turbo version? Make sure it's got a full service history. :P;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

In terms of the technical aspects it is the best streaming service I have use. Bar none. Tiny bit of buffering and then a perfect picture. I really don't know how they do it. I've talked to people for whom it even works perfectly over a shared 3G connection though I'm not sure I'd recommend that!

There is a lot of complaints about its catelogue. Personally its not an issue - I could never get through it all. Partly I think it's the name - "Netflix" conjures up an image of a primarily film based service when really it's the TV that's the star attraction now. Unfortunately Sky's deals with the Hollywood studios and HBO keep a lot of premium content off it. There's also the annoyance of the existence of Amazon Prime, who are buying up UK on demand rights for a lot of programming and, because Netflix buys on a UK & Ireland basis, effectively removing these from the Irish market unless a domestic Irish broadcaster (ie RTE or TV3) buys them. I am not sure why they have not entered the Irish market but I'm sure they have their reasons.

Advertisement