Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Account

Options
  • 31-05-2015 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi just have a few questions id appreciate if someone could answer. Im currently with permanent tsb and interest in changing only if I get free transaction usage.

Im a third level student and wondering what will happen when I finish college regards transaction fees..? What will be my yearly charges also?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi just have a few questions id appreciate if someone could answer. Im currently with permanent tsb and interest in changing only if I get free transaction usage.

Im a third level student and wondering what will happen when I finish college regards transaction  fees..? What will be my yearly charges also?

Thanks
    Hi spongebob89,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

For information on switching your account to Bank of Ireland please see here.

Our 3rd Level accounts avail of free banking such as no transactions fees.

Please see this link that will give you information on our regular Current account fees and charges.

Hope you find this information useful,

Thanks again,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Hi spongebob89,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

For information on switching your account to Bank of Ireland please see here.

Our 3rd Level accounts avail of free banking such as no transactions fees.

Please see this link that will give you information on our regular Current account fees and charges.

Hope you find this information useful,

Thanks again,

Tara C

Hi Tara,

Thanks for the quick reply. What documents would I need to bring into a BOI branch to make an account? I had an account in 2008 but haven't used it since if that matters. Also would I have to terminate my account with permanent tsb to join BOI ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi spongebob89

Thanks for coming back to us.

When opening a new account with us, generally photo identification (either passport and driving licence) and a recent utility bill is required.

Although, with student accounts, if you are unable to provide the above identification, the Branch of your choice can go through the alternatives that are available to you. 

Contact details for all of our Branches can be found here

If you would like to check on the account that you have not used since 2008, you can call BOI Direct, a representative can look into this for you. If you've no account information, a representative can look this up for you.

Contact numbers 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000. Reps are available Mon-Fri 8 am-12 midnight. Sat,Sun & Bank Holidays 9 am -6 pm.

It's also not necessary to close your account with another bank to open an account with us.

We hope this information helps. 

Thanks again,
    Alison

Advertisement