Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert english! Terrible teacher! Help!

Options
  • 31-05-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, my Junior cert is in 3 days and I'm really panicking now. English is my first and most feared exam. My teacher is terrible and I have hardly any notes on any of my poems, Romeo and Juliet and Goodnight Mister Tom. I am terrible at english and I was so surprised when I got 61 per cent in my mocks. I'd really love to keep with a C for my Junior Cert, if I even got a B I think I would die with happiness. For my mocks though, my teacher gave us hints as to what was coming up so I prepared based around her hints. Now I am freaking out because I have no idea as to whats going to come up and I have very little done and my exam is in less than 3 days...
    So I was wondering if anyone had notes on an of these poems in relation to themes and stuff;
    Midterm Break
    Digging
    Base Details
    Funeral Blues
    In Memory of My Mother
    The Daffodils
    Dress Sense (I have very very little done here)
    The Thickness of Ice (I literally have no notes on this one)

Also if anyone has notes on Goodnight Mister Tom and Romeo and Juliet that would be amazing :) I have a bit done on Romeo and Juliet from my teacher in 2nd year (we only wrote about Juliet being a heroine in the play) but we have hardly done anything on it this year with my new teacher.

For Paper 1 I'm a bit iffy about the functional writing and media studies, does anyone have tips on what I can do for them? For functional writing I'm not so good with the layout of things... Also would they ask you to do a CV?

Last but not least, does anyone have last minutes tips or predictions for what may come up on the exam?

Thanks so much and sorry for the heap of questions :):)

Comments

Advertisement