Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robin Hobb - Fool's Quest

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

david75 wrote: »
    Can you all avoid posting any spoilers please? Still haven't gotten this yet :(

Yes, don't post spoilers for the third book without appropriate spoiler space. Otherwise you'll make me very upset..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Can you all avoid posting any spoilers please? Still haven't gotten this yet :(

It's like they didnt even read this. (Spoiler tags are visible and don't work on all phones so the text shows. But thanks for the ending. Guess I don't have to buy it now )

Even if my spoiler tag showed on your phone, it gave away absolutely nothing
    Anyway, deleted now

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jasnah

Really isn't the poster's problem if spoiler tags don't work on your phone.

It was a good book, felt like a proper resolution to the trilogy and that particular story.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Really enjoy it, got sad at the end. It's been a great journey.

• Advertisement

Not gonna lie I'm an emotional wreck after finishing it. Didn't go where I expected at all but it's making more sense now that I think on it.

Wishing I had re read the two books previous to assassins fate, I got the audiobooks to go through. They're actually brilliant. Takes a bit to get into the guys voice but it's worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Should have been called Greatest Hits of Robin Hobb featured Fitz and the Fool.
    Really touched on everything in her previous books, as about as satisfying an ended to a series as you will get.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Should have been called Greatest Hits of Robin Hobb featured Fitz and the Fool.
    Really touched on everything in her previous books, as about as satisfying an ended to a series as you will get.

Are you talking about Assassins fate?
    If so it did do that and it didn't. Fool became really unlikeable but she wrote the progression of Fitz as an older mature man so well. Still not sure I loved the conclusion. But I did bawl my eyes out several times during this.

Are you talking about Assassins fate?
    If so it did do that and it didn't. Fool became really unlikeable but she wrote the progression of Fitz as an older mature man so well. Still not sure I loved the conclusion. But I did bawl my eyes out several times during this.

Yes, I'm talking about Assassin's Fate.
    It's a much better conclusion than any other long running series, that I can think of.
    Wheel of Time ended horribly.

• Advertisement

Without being a conclusion truly though. I think we're gonna see another series about Bee. And the door is open a crack for
    the wolf of the west. I can't see them lying down and goin to sleep as Verity dragons did

Wouldn't mind a series set around bee but I'd rather fitz being done now.

Yeah same.
    I'm re reading them and on royal assassin. Man he's a whingey pain in this book. And I get why he has to be but it makes for hard reading at times.

Advertisement