Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert in less than 3 days...

Options
  • 31-05-2015 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Okay I'm really panicking. I have studied for my subjects the last month or so by writing out notes but none of seems to be going in when I do exam papers... I am terrified for English, maths and Science... I haven't really studied maths or science and I'm finding it tough to get it all done in time. I have only studied half of chemistry in science and I am doing grinds in maths for an hour each week for the past 4 weeks. These are my results from the mocks in each subject:
    Maths - D 42%
    Irish - B 70% (including my mock oral)
    English - C 61%
    Science - C 62%
    History - C 59%
    French - C 68%
    Geography - C 60%
    Religion - C 68%
    Business - B 70%

I'd love to get at least one or two A's this time round but I dont know if that is possible considering I have 3 days left until my first exam - English. Do you think it's possible considering I have studied for only a month? Im very scared for maths, I would love to get a C at least -I find it very difficult. P.s. Any tips for my subjects- especially maths? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 greenwhale

For Maths, make sure you know your theroms and constructions off by heart, as they are easy marks to pick up.

Always try to write something down for every question. Even if you cannot answer a questions, you will get marks for having the right method, or subbing it into the correct formula from the log tables.

Try to keep to the time given for every question, or you will not be able to attempt them all.

Remember to always put in the units (g, cm, etc) as you will lose marks without them.

Good luck! Your mock results are great, and lots of people improve a grade in the real thing. If you have been putting in the work for the past month, you should have a good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mldj

For science, remember, you have 35% of the exam in the bag already. Coursework a is a guaranteed 10% if you have all 30 experiments done, no matter how poorly they are written up. People get on average 20% out of the 25% on offer for coursework b, so even if you do sh*t in the exam, you will probably not fail. At these point just learn off the key definitions. Hopefully a nice question where you just plot the points for solubility or hookes law comes up. I would concentrate on physics as it is the section most people f*ck up. Alot of the formulas are in the log tables.
    GOOD LUCK

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

for french remember the layout for both the letter and postcard/message, there is marks going for them. Learn phrases for them, for example j'ai de la chance = im lucky, A vrai dire = to tell the truth, j'espere que ta famille va bien. Simple stuff liek that, im sure your teacher has already gave you some. Remember keep the french simple, avoid franglish and avoid trying to translate directly from english to french usually it will be wrong. There is always a comprehension relating to food/food recipes, so know your verbs off, such as melanger(mix), saupoudrer(sprinkle) , fondre(melt), casser (break)& all of the foods also. You can get really easy marks here. Know your tenses too, knowing past tense and future tense is vital in order to do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Dont worry about the junior cert it's not the end of the world if you dont get A's you did brilliant in your mock's.

Advertisement