Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Lyon President Jean Michel Aulas has dismissed rumours linking striker Alexandre Lacazette to Premier League side Liverpool.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/jean-michel-aulas-dismisses-liverpool-links-with-alexandre-lacazette/

The cheek of the man!

Just for that alone, we should not even enquire about the player!

That'll learn him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He comes across as a bit Dave Whelan-like. Loves to run his mouth and a bit of a chancer.

At least he didn't ask what we were smoking :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Lyon President Jean Michel Aulas has dismissed rumours linking striker Alexandre Lacazette to Premier League side Liverpool.

“Your information is false. Liverpool have never called us and [remind me] what European cup [they are playing in next season] and they have neither the means [to sign the player] nor the interest.”

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/jean-michel-aulas-dismisses-liverpool-links-with-alexandre-lacazette/

All this talk of the importance of offering European football - Utd signing DiMaria and Falcao when they had no Euro football at all last season shows that players don't care - stump up enough for wages and they'll go. Obviously we'll need to overpay (much like Utd) but it's certainly do-able.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

murpho999 wrote: »
    Liverpool Echo now reporting that Liverpool to have talks with Ings this week and he prefers Liverpool over Spurs?

What happened to the pull of London that people here always claim?

Well Ings has debunked that myth then has he? One player out of how many who have chosen London over other geographical locations in England?

I've been in both a few times, I'd pick London ten times over. Liverpool is a sh1thole and London is, London. Throw in a WAG (not sure if Ings has one) and that pushes the London factor even more. Nightlife, shopping, etc... Even more so for players with families, schools, etc... the majority of footballers want the lavish lifestyle that comes with that and there's no place better than London.

Saying London has little influence and pull on potential transfer targets is silly. London is a big factor when it comes to our potential signings and rivals located there, whether we like it or not...

Ings may be an exception on that one but not the majority. That's if it's true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

All sorts of craziness going on in this, red card for either side and Higuain just missed a pen to put Napoli into the CL places. About 10 mins to go. 2-2 at the comment

Napoli lost 4-2.

Rafa took them backwards over the last two years. No way I'd want him back at Anfield again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Napoli lost 4-2.

Rafa took them backwards over the last two years. No way I'd want him back at Anfield again.

Amazing to think that Real are getting rid of Ancelotti and replacing him with Benitez. I know they don't like managers to hang around for long but to replace a superior manager with an inferior one seems crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Napoli lost 4-2.

Wasn't a comment either way on Rafa, was one hell of an entertaining game though.

Wasn't a comment either way on Rafa, was one hell of an entertaining game though.

With the team they have and the money he spent, Rafa should have challenged Juve and run them close at least once over the last two years.

He didn't. Now he did win them the Coppa Italia so his reign was not a complete disaster but not getting Champions League football against an inferior Lazio? That's a terrible indictment on his management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Napoli lost 4-2.

They're more or less where they should be.

Roma and Juventus are over the hills and far away and spending far more with some huge signings having come in.

After a really promising start with Higuain and Callejon coming in, Napoli have stalled.

It seemed like they might try and have a go when they invested after Cavani left and Benitez came in but they didn't stay the course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

I hope Ings fails his medical or something but knowing the lads we have in charge it will probably make them more determined to sign him

Id rather see Sturridge tie a rope to a wheelie bin and drag it along behind him up front than sign that waster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

With the team they have and the money he spent, Rafa should have challenged Juve and run them close at least once over the last two years.

He didn't. Now he did win them the Coppa Italia so his reign was not a complete disaster but not getting Champions League football against an inferior Lazio? That's a terrible indictment on his management.

He's a better manager than Rodgers, that's all it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

greendom wrote: »
    Amazing to think that Real are getting rid of Ancelotti and replacing him with Benitez. I know they don't like managers to hang around for long but to replace a superior manager with an inferior one seems crazy.

you talk like rafa is some guy who never won anything, this isn't a case of replacing ferguson with moyes or something..

ancelotti: 3 league titles, 3 european cups, 1 italian cup, 1 fa cup, 1 spanish cup

rafa: 2 league titles, 2 europa leagues/uefa cups, 1 european cup, 1 italian cup, 1 fa cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

€51m bid for Icardi & Kovacic in Italian papers tomorrow on twitter.

That's about £36m I take the two of them for nearly the same price as Benteke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    I hope Ings fails his medical or something but knowing the lads we have in charge it will probably make them more determined to sign him

Id rather see Sturridge tie a rope to a wheelie bin and drag it along behind him up front than sign that waster

Somewhat harsh, I think he could work out as better value than Benteke, would he be first choice anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

pmy.murphy wrote: »

Did ings do something to you. Your dislike of him is a bit OTT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

€51m bid for Icardi & Kovacic in Italian papers tomorrow on twitter.

That's about £36m I take the two of them for nearly the same price as Benteke.

Reckon we'd get laughed out of it by Inter but i agree it would be better. Icardi is also a swine... which i like when they're our swines. Won't see any of his team mates offering to put him up while he settles tho!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He's a better manager than Rodgers, that's all it is.

Way way way way way better manager.

It's not even a fair comparison there is such a gulf between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Somewhat harsh, I think he could work out as better value than Benteke, would he be first choice anyway?

Its not harsh stating a fact. Hes a Crystal Palace/Sunderland/Villa type of player at most. Its absolutely ludicrous signing him first choice or not. May aswell have a traffic cone on the bench

Its not OTT to state a fact that hes useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

They won't be so smug after we sign Danny Ings up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Icardi and kovacic would be savage business for £36m. If you think Liverpool are in decline that inter Milan are going nowhere fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Icardi and Kovacic would be unreal. Add Milner, Clynes and Ings and thats a good window.

rob316 wrote: »
    Icardi and kovacic would be savage business for £36m. If you think Liverpool are in decline that inter Milan are going nowhere fast.

Inter are just returning to their natural place in Italian football - also-rans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Icardi and Kovacic would be unreal. Add Milner, Clynes and Ings and thats a good window.

I don't think signing Ings would be a good signing no matter who else comes in. Would any of the current top 4 sign him? Not good enough IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you talk like rafa is some guy who never won anything, this isn't a case of replacing ferguson with moyes or something..

ancelotti: 3 league titles, 3 european cups, 1 italian cup, 1 fa cup, 1 spanish cup

rafa: 2 league titles, 2 europa leagues/uefa cups, 1 european cup, 1 italian cup, 1 fa cup

Geez, didnt think it was that close in my head.

gafferino wrote: »
    I don't think signing Ings would be a good signing no matter who else comes in. Would any of the current top 4 sign him? Not good enough IMO.

United were linked. Hes a young english striker who has scored 11 goals in a releegated team. He will cost a few million, and if he doesn't work out, we will break even if we sell him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Inter are just returning to their natural place in Italian football - also-rans.

Bit harsh. 5 league titles in the last 10 years, 18 overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

gafferino wrote: »

He's a very good footballer IMO. Young, English and most importantly fits our style. Works hard and can only get better.

From a business prospective its a no brainer. He will never be worth less than we buy him for.

I can't understand people getting annoyed about his signing and milners. Are the names just not exotic enough?

rossie1977 wrote: »

Yeah it's amazing people just are pretty ignorant to Benitez achievements. He's still below Ancelotti in the pecking order but has an incredible cv.

Bit harsh. 5 league titles in the last 10 years, 18 overall.

Calciopoli is the reason why they have most of those titles in the last 10 years.

Their former owner Moratti spent the guts of €1 billion on players from the time he took over the club in the mid-90's until he left a few years ago and until Calciopoli they won little or nothing. A few Copa Italia trophies but little else.

Their golden era was in the 1960's but they have always been a distant third behind Juve and Milan.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah it's amazing people just are pretty ignorant to Benitez achievements. He's still below Ancelotti in the pecking order but has an incredible cv.

He last won a league title 11 years ago though. With a team built by Hector Cuper and Claudio Ranieri that had a world class defensive unit and some outstanding attacking players.

Apart from one season at Liverpool when they finished second, he never came close to winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Didn''t get Napoli to CL this season though.......runs for cover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Calciopoli is the reason why they have most of those titles in the last 10 years.

Their former owner Moratti spent the guts of €1 billion on players from the time he took over the club in the mid-90's until he left a few years ago and until Calciopoli they won little or nothing. A few Copa Italia trophies but little else.

Their golden era was in the 1960's but they have always been a distant third behind Juve and Milan.

True enough, just thought also rans to be a little harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool Echo now reporting that Liverpool to have talks with Ings this week and he prefers Liverpool over Spurs?

What happened to the pull of London that people here always claim?

Maybe Ings is quite happy living up North

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Who gets the cl place Seville don't need since they won EL?

noodler wrote: »
    Who gets the cl place Seville don't need since they won EL?

Sevilla finished 5th in La Liga. Valencia, Atletico, Real, Barca were the top 4 in Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

4021010372_a4bf268988_o_zpsb8309e92.jpg

Sevilla finished 5th in La Liga. Valencia, Atletico, Real, Barca were the top 4 in Spain.

Sevilla won the EL so there in next seasons CL group. Spain have 5 teams in CL next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Is it? Icardi would be the only half-decent striker in there, and even then he's unproven as he's had one big season in Serie A. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of talent in there, and Clyne, Milner and Kovacic would be great additions, but we need a big striker, who's scored 20+ goals over a few seasons.

Also Ings is just not worth pursuing. Why bother selling Borini or Lambert when he'll be the exact same. Let Spurs have him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Is it? Icardi would be the only half-decent striker in there, and even then he's unproven as he's had one big season in Serie A. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of talent in there, and Clyne, Milner and Kovacic would be great additions, but we need a big striker, who's scored 20+ goals over a few seasons.

Also Ings is just not worth pursuing. Why bother selling Borini or Lambert when he'll be the exact same. Let Spurs have him.

If that price is true. It's hard to argue with...he's only 22 and has almost a 2 in 3 record this year, and 1 in 2 last year. Still got 10 goals in 20 odd starts in the league for Samp at 19 the year before.

Now the time to get him - wait another year and he'll be out if our league, much like Lacazette has turned out - last year was the time for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The cheek of the man!

Just for that alone, we should not even enquire about the player!

That'll learn him.
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    If that price is true. It's hard to argue with...he's only 22 and has almost a 2 in 3 record this year, and 1 in 2 last year. Still got 10 goals in 20 odd starts in the league for Samp at 19 the year before.

Now the time to get him - wait another year and he'll be out if our league, much like Lacazette has turned out - last year was the time for him.

gnite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Hopefully we see a clear out this season. Trim the squad down and utilise our youth instead of buying average-poor players for backup. That way at least the younger players have a chance to flourish and who knows, guys like Teixeira, Llori, Wisdom and co could develop into reliable squad players.

Aspas - 4 Mil
    Alberto - 4 Mil
    Coates - 5 Mil
    Lambert - 1 Mil
    Borini - 7 Mil

Clyne would be an excellent signing imo. Offers a lot down the right hand side and would suit the style of playing.

Unfortunately I can't see Origi delivering at all next season. We really are in dire straights up front and there's seemingly no top strikers we can realistically lure to the club. It's pretty grim tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Talks of United hijacking the Milner deal in the rags today.

magma69 wrote: »
    Talks of United hijacking the Milner deal in the rags today.

Haven't City offererd him 180k a week?

No chance we'll be paying that.

I just presumed this deal was dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Haven't City offererd him 180k a week?

No chance we'll be paying that.

I just presumed this deal was dead

Last I read was 165k unless there's been a new offer since then, so I'm open to correction?

• Advertisement

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Last I read was 165k unless there's been a new offer since then, so I'm open to correction?

Maybe that was it. Just can't see our owners paying wages like that even for freebies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Maybe that was it. Just can't see our owners paying wages like that even for freebies.

We're getting a few high earners off our books this summer though, so the money is there to be spent and we are in dire need of experienced players like Milner. I could definitely see it happening. There's also a good chance Milner will move club for wages less than what City are offering seeing as he's looking for first team football. If he was happy to cash in he'd just stay at City.

punk_one82 wrote: »
    We're getting a few high earners off our books this summer though, so the money is there to be spent and we are in dire need of experienced players like Milner. I could definitely see it happening. There's also a good chance Milner will move club for wages less than what City are offering seeing as he's looking for first team football. If he was happy to cash in he'd just stay at City.

I'd love to see Milner join tbh.

Very underrated player and his experience would be invaluable.

I can't see us signing anyone until we find out if Rodgers is staying. That's this week afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I would imagine if we gave milner 150k odd PW it would piss off quite a few of our established players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Why do people always say Milner is underrated? He was bought for 26million, played 50 games this season, that's basically an ever present. He can play multiple positions and is now seemingly wanted by City/United/Liverpool ...

... sure he is not always mentioned in the same bracket as Yaya/Aguero etc cos he is not high profile but that goes hand in hand in a team of big names.

He'll not be coming here though, when they reach 29 odd years and can go somewhere on a free, wages only they usually go to the highest bidder, we do not match that buyer.

We need to hope that one of the Illoris/Aspas/Borinis that we buy for 8-12 million turns out to be the "Next big thing" ... Liverpool have had a decent tradition of good forwards. Lets hope we are not kept waiting. People need to relax, we wouldn't have given Lacazette time to settle in last season if he'd joined, but yet he's had a good season and every club in Europe are after him.

We're bound to get 1 transfer right this summer ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement