Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Who is supposed to be back up for Moreno next season? Will Flanagan be fit for next season?

Reus :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

I've not been on here regularly in a while but I've seen Reus mentioned a few times again. Thought it was all a joke. Googled it and see the Liverpool Echo reporting it as a rumour. Is there any truth to this rumour or is it as ridiculous as all the other times he was linked to us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

So if we got Benteke and Reus, how would we line up next season?

Mignolet

Moreno
    Skertl
    Sahko
    Clyne

Lucas
    Henderson
    Coutinho/Markovic
    Firmino/Milner

Reus
    Benteke/Sturridge

Back 4 seems very straightforward. So many options in the rest of the positions which is nice. Not long ago if our number 1 striker was injured our backup was N'Gog.

Doff wrote: »
    Not long ago if our number 1 striker was injured our backup was N'Gog.

I'll remember him for this!

Love Reina's celebration!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

So if we got Benteke and Reus, how would we line up next season?

Mignolet

Moreno
    Skertl
    Sahko
    Clyne

Lucas
    Henderson
    Coutinho/Markovic
    Firmino/Milner

Reus
    Benteke/Sturridge

Back 4 seems very straightforward. So many options in the rest of the positions which is nice. Not long ago if our number 1 striker was injured our backup was N'Gog.

Have a feeling Lucas won't be a regular and it'll be Hendo and Milner in the middle this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

NukaCola wrote: »
    Benteke goes through dry spells and "purple patches". Its crazy how inconsistant he actually is in terms of goal scoring.

His first season he was fantastic, but went through a spell of scoring 2 goals in 10 games. He had a few injuries in his second season but in between them he managed 1 goal in 12. Last season he went through a spell of 2 goals in 18 games.

I'm not entirely sure what that tells us. Could we get more out of him or is he just a purple patch type player? Can he make the step up, is there more to his game? I couldn't say either as I haven't seen him play a lot just the odd game outside the LFC games where he always seemed to play well as well as a few MOTD highlights.

At 30m+ its a big gamble IMO. A lot of question marks over him, not saying I'd be unhappy with his signing, just that I'm not sure if he is the man to fire us into the top 4.

Since 2012 the players with the most PL goals:

Suarez
    Aguero
    van Persie
    Benteke

In that order. The purple patch comment is valid but that'll happen in a team like Villa who in that time period lost twice as many games as they won (and a lot of that managed by Lambert). At Liverpool we have enough striking options that no player should be paying 12 games in a row up front. Villa don't have that.

8-10 wrote: »
    Have a feeling Lucas won't be a regular and it'll be Hendo and Milner in the middle this season.

Henderson is the captain so he'll start every game when fit and Milner was promised first team football in a central position so yeah I think they'll be the two.

Unless Lucas is happy to be sitting on the bench I could see him leaving towards the end of the transfer window.

8-10 wrote: »
    At Liverpool we have enough striking options that no player should be paying 12 games in a row up front.

Unless they're on a purple patch!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

we haven't even got a new thread, terrible window, FSG out

BMJD wrote: »
    we haven't even got a new thread, terrible window, FSG out

I blame the thread committee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Henderson is the captain so he'll start every game when fit and Milner was promised first team football in a central position so yeah I think they'll be the two.

Unless Lucas is happy to be sitting on the bench I could see him leaving towards the end of the transfer window.

I really like Lucas, the defense looks a much more confident with him in front of them. I'd like to see how Can gets on in that position before shipping out Lucas.

I really like Lucas, the defense looks a much more confident with him in front of them. I'd like to see how Can gets on in that position before shipping out Lucas.

I guess it will be down to what formation we'll be playing. If it's 4-3--3 I don't see Lucas getting a lot of games bar League Cup and early Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

MD1990 wrote: »
    - Isn't slow but has a lack of movement & he is a bit lazy
    - As a result is caught offside too much
    - Poor awareness
    - Technicaly he is ok but for 32m I would expect better
    - Doesn't score many with is left foot IIRC

They would be my concerns about him but he is great in the air & a good finisher too & decent techique as well. His hold up play is very good something that Suarez was great at & we missed last season.
    In 12/13 though he was more impressive & worked alot harder if that Benteke arrives at Liverpool he could do well.

He saves his left foot for Old Trafford iirc, which is fine with me. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

http://youtu.be/SGSVhBaGh0E

Watch this and say you don't want benteke. While 30M might be a bit much, he isn't that far off the price.

If we sign him, he will be a 20 goal a season striker.

That's actually a pretty terrible compilation. First two goals he shows are a deflection and a flop from the goalie, then shows him doing 12 back-heels.
    He has some great goals over the last 3 seasons that didn't make it...

I guess it will be down to what formation we'll be playing. If it's 4-3--3 I don't see Lucas getting a lot of games bar League Cup and early Europa League.

As much as Lucas does a job, they won't play him at the expense of Milner, Hendo, Coutinho, Firmino or Benteke (until Sturridge is fit). So it's either Lucas holding in midfield, or Can in a similar position, or Lallana/Marko/Ibe supporting the attack. I'd rather see Can in there for tougher games (can actually contribute to attack as well) and Lallana/Marko/Ibe on the opposite side from Firmino when going for attack.

Dickerty wrote: »
    As much as Lucas does a job, they won't play him at the expense of Milner, Hendo, Coutinho, Firmino or Benteke (until Sturridge is fit). So it's either Lucas holding in midfield, or Can in a similar position, or Lallana/Marko/Ibe supporting the attack. I'd rather see Can in there for tougher games (can actually contribute to attack as well) and Lallana/Marko/Ibe on the opposite side from Firmino when going for attack.

I keep forgetting about Lallana!

Midfield options are Henderson, Milner, Lucas, Can, Allen, Lallana, Markovic, Ibe, Coutinho and Firmino.

That's 10 players for 3,4 or 5 positions.

It would be a real set back for Ibe if he was to go out on loan again.

If Markovic goes out on loan then I don't see him ever coming back, the same as Alberto but for the money spent on him I don't think a loan is an option.

Can needs more games at this stage of his career not a squad rotation player with Lucas and Allen.

Lucas and Allen should be looking at Milner and wondering if they need to move somewhere else for game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

New Thread?

New thread....

It would be a real set back for Ibe if he was to go out on loan again.

If Markovic goes out on loan then I don't see him ever coming back, the same as Alberto but for the money spent on him I don't think a loan is an option.

Can needs more games at this stage of his career not a squad rotation player with Lucas and Allen.

I think I could understand it with Ibe, if we were to bring in someone like Pedro for example, would limit his time significantly. He's only 19, so 6 months or a year somewhere like Bournemouth, who would defo play him, could be the making of him.

Agree on Marko, no point on him going on loan, I think he'll get his share of starts, particularly in the Europa. He could like well with Coutinho and Firmino.

I think Can can play himself into the team. if he impresses enough, we'll find room for him. Not going to start every game just yet (still needs to learn some discipline and tactical play).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

mormank wrote: »
    He saves his left foot for Old Trafford iirc, which is fine with me. ;)

Usually scored V Liverpool too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Reus isn't a striker though.

We need an out and out striker first.

But I would love a front 4 of..

Firmino
    Coutinho
    Reus

Striker

Firmino would be wasted out wide. He NEEDS to be played centrally. I was listening to Honigstein and he said if LFC play him out on the wing its madness.
    Looking at his positions last year with Hoffenheim 86% of his games were played through the middle with ACM his most common position.

u1wIntX.jpg

Re Lucas, Ibe, Marko, Allen etc.... We need a big squad, fingers crossed they all are kept, 2 or 3 injuries and Ibe on loan will look silly.

Dickerty wrote: »
    I think I could understand it with Ibe, if we were to bring in someone like Pedro for example, would limit his time significantly. He's only 19, so 6 months or a year somewhere like Bournemouth, who would defo play him, could be the making of him.

Agree on Marko, no point on him going on loan, I think he'll get his share of starts, particularly in the Europa. He could like well with Coutinho and Firmino.

I think Can can play himself into the team. if he impresses enough, we'll find room for him. Not going to start every game just yet (still needs to learn some discipline and tactical play).

Yeah if Ibe is to go on loan then it would have to be to a premier league team who would play him.

With Can coming through I don't think there is a place for both Lucas and Allen.

Augeo wrote: »
    Re Lucas, Ibe, Marko, Allen etc.... We need a big squad, fingers crossed they all are kept, 2 or 3 injuries and Ibe on loan will look silly.

But with 10 midfield players, depending on formation there will always be 3 to 5 players outside of the match day squad.

As discussed, Henderson and Milner are a given to start. At 29 million Firmino will not be sitting on the bench.

So that's 1 or 2 more players from Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Ibe, Allen, Can, Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Have a bad feeling Rodgers will stat with Lovren as our LCB instead of Sakho.

Required squad depth imo when competing in EL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sakho is our beautiful disaster.

Lovren will only replace him in EL/FA cup matches.

Based on.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Markovic v Sterling v Ibe

liverpool_wingers.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Be interesting seeing the 2 teams Roders puts out today. Might give us some clues .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

But with 10 midfield players, depending on formation there will always be 3 to 5 players outside of the match day squad.

As discussed, Henderson and Milner are a given to start. At 29 million Firmino will not be sitting on the bench.

So that's 1 or 2 more players from Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Ibe, Allen, Can, Lucas.

Well Henderson, Milner and Coutinho will start. Then depending on how Firminho settles, it will be game dependent between the rest. I'd prefer Lucas instead of Allen though and the probably Lallana. hopefully they can all stay fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Be interesting seeing the 2 teams Roders puts out today. Might give us some clues .

Nah. Too early in pre-season to be reading into team selections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thread has gone over 10k, I'll start up a now one shortly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement