Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I hope we sign some players who can show some character, I think its something we severely lacked all season.

(Just posting so this shows in my threads)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

rob316 wrote: »
    He's a very good footballer IMO. Young, English and most importantly fits our style. Works hard and can only get better.

From a business prospective its a no brainer. He will never be worth less than we buy him for.

I can't understand people getting annoyed about his signing and milners. Are the names just not exotic enough?

Why can he only get better? I don't really care if it's a business no brainer.... I want it to be a team no brainer.

Signing Milner and Ings are completely different. I'd happily take Milner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Ings is a fine signing at the right price and assuming he's not the only striker signed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Milner and Ings are fine individually, but together they're Mingers.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Benitez won't make it to a second season with Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Its not harsh stating a fact. Hes a Crystal Palace/Sunderland/Villa type of player at most. Its absolutely ludicrous signing him first choice or not. May aswell have a traffic cone on the bench

Have to agree. Any time I've seen him play this season he has been incredibly ordinary. I don't know why we're trying to sign him, or even why some on here seem to rate him??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Doff wrote: »
    I hope we sign some players who can show some character, I think its something we severely lacked all season.

(Just posting so this shows in my threads)

There's a follow thread button fyi

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

gafferino wrote: »
    Why can he only get better? I don't really care if it's a business no brainer.... I want it to be a team no brainer.

Ings can only get better and ings that make u go hmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Season is officially 2 days over and we've no new signings and Rodgers is still manager.

Worst. Summer. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Vicxas wrote: »
    Season is officially 2 days over and we've no new signings and Rodgers is still manager.

Worst. Summer. Ever.

This thread is 21 hours old and we've no new signings and Rodgers is still the manager.

Worst. Thread. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

gafferino wrote: »

On milner absolutely its just the 2 names get lumped in together because they are English.

Ings is 22. Proven he can score in this league. Hes quick, strong, good feet, holds up the ball, runs behind defenders and has a good football brain.

Doesn't matter if you don't care about business from a club prospective he makes perfect sense to sign. Low wages, English, young, goalscorer for £4m.

Ings isn't going to be our first choice striker, you need someone with a bit of quality who is happy to be rotated. With midfield quality we have he will get better.

Its lazy analysis saying we are replacing like for like with Fabio and Ings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ardent wrote: »
    Have to agree. Any time I've seen him play this season he has been incredibly ordinary. I don't know why we're trying to sign him, or even why some on here seem to rate him??

What games have you watched Ings in? I have seem 3 or 4 games including against United were he looked really lively and sharp, haven't seen enough of him to say he is worth 10 million but he is a fine back up and would offer more than Lambert/Borini.

I'm not suggesting he be the number 1 striker but I don't think anyone is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Vicxas wrote: »

Worst. Summer. Ever.

Its early days yet be patient :)

Rodgers is probably on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Today is the 3rd anniversary of Rodgers appointment.

Is it 3 and counting or 3 and out???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ings would be a perfectly acceptable signing.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Ings would be a perfectly acceptable signing.

Similar strike level to Aubemayang but not a fancy enough name for some people. If he was called Inginho and cost 20m they'd want him.

duffman13 wrote: »
    What games have you watched Ings in? I have seem 3 or 4 games including against United were he looked really lively and sharp, haven't seen enough of him to say he is worth 10 million but he is a fine back up and would offer more than Lambert/Borini.

I'm not suggesting he be the number 1 striker but I don't think anyone is.

I've seen a lot of him he was excellent that night against Utd. Great against Spurs away terrorised city away held his own against Chelsea away. He wasnt great in both games against liverpool which is maybe swaying some people. Bar sturridge if fit he will score more goals than anybody we currently have in the squad and will offer far more to the team aswell. Ideally he doesn't play week in week out but he is a good option to have and id rather have him starting in a forward position than sterling Mario borini or lambert. He may also improve or end up looking a better player due to playing with better players and getting better service and not having to spend the majority of the game chasing lost causes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

If Ings is signed as a primary option then honestly thats not good enough, if he's signed as a backup he'd be a massive upgrade on what we have there at the moment. And without really having a major impact on our transfer budget. I don't see whats not to like about that deal if thats the case?

Similar strike level to Aubemayang but not a fancy enough name for some people. If he was called Inginho and cost 20m they'd want him.

That's not true, and quite disingenuous as to people's worries.

People are worried he'll be our only forward signing. That wouldn't be good enough.

As a stand alone signing, where there is no context to Liverpool's current situation, then it's acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

We heard the same about Lambert.

I've no doubt that Ings could be of value to Liverpool as a squad player over the course of a season. Fine.

However, id prefer we tried to address the gaping holes in our first team before we address minor squad issues.

Ings would be ok as 4th striker.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Ings would be ok as 4th striker.

Which just shows how many players we need, because if bought now, seen as Sturridge is injured, he'd be our number 1.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Which just shows how many players we need, because if bought now, seen as Sturridge is injured, he'd be our number 1.

Lambert has a better strike rate.

Ings is pretty average. A 1 in 4 strike rate isn't where we should be looking.

Imo, we need at least 2 more higher class players as well as Ings if did join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Surely that has to be taken within context. He was playing in a relegation team where goals and chances were harder to come by.

The season before he scored 21 league goals, I appreciate it's at a lower level but it shows that he can put away chances.

He will be a decent signing and an upgrade on Lambert and he is young so could improve with better players around him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

From the Guardian

Premier League: where the clubs need to strengthen for next season
    Liverpool
    Provided his review with the club’s owner ends without a P45, Brendan Rodgers wants a new strike force (Christian Benteke and Danny Ings), a central midfielder (James Milner), a right-back (Nathaniel Clyne) and a new goalkeeper. Liverpool’s miserable end to last season suggests they need far more while also filling the leadership void created by Steven Gerrard’s departure. Mario Balotelli, Rickie Lambert, Fabio Borini, José Enrique, Sebastián Coates, Luis Alberto and Iago Aspas could all leave along with the out-of-contract Glen Johnson and Brad Jones. There are doubts, too, over the future of Raheem Sterling. AH

Top target Christian Benteke (Aston Villa, £32.5m buy-out clause)

May end up with Whoever is left after Tottenham Hotspur or Chelsea have nipped in to lure their targets elsewhere.

Transfer kitty Around the £40m mark plus money raised from player sales.

Already signed Divock Origi (Lille, £9.8m)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jun/01/premier-league-transfer-window-clubs?CMP=fb_gu

Not inspiring at all when you see it in print.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Surely that has to be taken within context. He was playing in a relegation team where goals and chances were harder to come by.

The season before he scored 21 league goals, I appreciate it's at a lower level but it shows that he can put away chances.

He will be a decent signing and an upgrade on Lambert and he is young so could improve with better players around him

He could improve with better players around him. He also could go the other way and boy we've had a good few of those players.

I'd rather sign players that have form at a decent level.

But look if he's cheap and we will sign proper quality as well fair enough

Rodgers is safe.

https://twitter.com/m_christenson/status/605347050172071936

Editor of the Guardian.

Klopp own words today.
    After seven intense and emotional years 'True Love', I think it makes sense to process the countless memories before I fresh and motivated a new job take over with my coaching staff," Klopp said on Monday after a meeting with his adviser Marc Kosicke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Reports that manU have signed Morgen Scheiderlin for £35m and Chelsea are after Falcao.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Whatever people might think about Ings he won't be signing for us to be a 4th choice striker from the get go.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Reports that manU have signed Morgen Scheiderlin for £35m and Chelsea are after Falcao.

By reports you mean people making things up entirely I assume?

• Advertisement

Klopp said originally he wasn't taking a break.

Throw money at him FFS and get it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Just f*cking get him FSG. Another season of BR will send me demented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

5starpool wrote: »
    :D:D
    No, just saw 2 articles on the Indo website

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-window/man-united-on-the-verge-of-signing-35m-french-international-reports-31269453.html

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/chelsea-open-talks-to-sign-manchester-united-flop-radamel-falcao-31267622.html.

In fairness, all links at this time of year are pure speculation but sure it passes the day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Klopp officially taking a break from football. Well until Christmas anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

5starpool wrote: »

That Falcao story is everywhere though. There is likely some truth to it.

And Scheiderlin is 100% leaving to a top 4 club so its not exactly far fetched to see him end up at united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Klopp officially taking a break from football. Well until Christmas anyway.

Which, if it's true, might suit us anyway. If Rodgers is to stay in his post - and I think he will - we'll have a better idea by December which of his past two seasons were the blip.

He has 32 goals in the last 75 games his past 2 seasons so I wouldn't be classing him as a 1 in 4 player . These are the 2 seasons that count as he only then became a regular. 1 in 3 for a relegated team isn't bad. Sturridge origi ings and a higher class forward would be a huge upgrade on this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Ings can only get better and ings that make u go hmmmmm

Except if he gets worse.

Except if he gets worse.

I don't recall that song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

He has 32 goals in the last 75 games his past 2 seasons so I wouldn't be classing him as a 1 in 4 player . These are the 2 seasons that count as he only then became a regular. 1 in 3 for a relegated team isn't bad. Sturridge origi ings and a higher class forward would be a huge upgrade on this season.

Its not though because we literally have to act as if sturridge doesnt exist(because of his injury record)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

https://twitter.com/bensmithbbc/status/605377370640510976

Guess we will know by the weeks end what the story is.

If Ings is signed as our only striker well then we can worry, as a backup he is ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

mosstin wrote: »
    Which, if it's true, might suit us anyway. If Rodgers is to stay in his post - and I think he will - we'll have a better idea by December which of his past two seasons were the blip.

The assumption in this thread that klopp will eventually join Liverpool is hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    The assumption in this thread that klopp will eventually join Liverpool is hilarious

Not as hilarious as Arsenal fans assuming we care what they find hilarious.

But do they care that you care that they care!!! Thats the real question. :P

Balotelli likely to stay.... So balotelli, ings, origi, sturridge and AN Other of highish quality. Don't see it happening tbh unless balotelli is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    Balotelli likely to stay.... So balotelli, ings, origi, sturridge and AN Other of highish quality. Don't see it happening tbh unless balotelli is gone.

Can't see Balotelli leaving...who'd take him?

EDIT:And you forgot Borini...can't see him going anywhere either. :(

Balotelli isnt going anywhere. Both he and his agent have said he's staying. He's on a decent wedge. No reputable team will want him after a poor season. Liverpool wont want to sell for a big loss.

Too many things point to him staying.

• Advertisement

Can't see Balotelli leaving...who'd take him?

Indeed, so considering his wages, sturridge's wages along with origi and quite likely ings on the books I don't see Liverpool splashing £32m on Benteke anyway.

The scouts might actually have to do some work.

Id still like to see balotelli in a front 2 tbh :) haven't completely given up on him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement