Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    Indeed, so considering his wages, sturridge's wages along with origi and quite likely ings on the books I don't see Liverpool splashing £32m on Benteke anyway.

The scouts might actually have to do some work.

Id still like to see balotelli in a front 2 tbh :) haven't completely given up on him.

Agree on Balotelli in a 2.

Splashing £32m on Benteke should be a sacking offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    The assumption in this thread that klopp will eventually join Liverpool is hilarious

Why though. Liverpool are a huge club where the only way is up really. A lot of top managers would love to have Liverpool on their CV.

The assumption in this thread that klopp will eventually join Liverpool is hilarious

Even more hilarious is people assuming that Liverpool fans think Klopp will join.

Top stuff Paddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

No problem, sure isn't it better than having to enter about a month earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Even more hilarious is people assuming that Liverpool fans think Klopp will join.

Top stuff Paddy :)

Flicking through a few pages of this thread and the last and you'll clearly see pool fans assuming klopp is coming to Liverpool. I thought you'd have noticed that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

I could see plenty of teams in for Balotelli if he was going for 12/13 million. Especially in this current market.

As far as Liverpool go, strikers are a necessity.

Looking at the start of next season

We will have:

IN

Sturridge (injured until October)
    Origi

OUT

Balotelli 12 million
    Borini 6 million
    Lambert free

I hope to god there is no truth in Benteke as he just is not worth 32 million and if Rodgers is in charge, does not suit our style of play at all.

Realistically Lacazette is out of our reach.

The likes of Icardi, Vietto and Dybala would be a lot more realistic but even then, I am simply not confident we can properly scout/close deals off for number 1 targets. Ings would be grand as fourth choice, maybe third but I cannot see him accepting that sort of role.

We need to sign a first choice striker, ahead of Sturridge as he just cannot be relied on.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why though. Liverpool are a huge club where the only way is up really. A lot of top managers would love to have Liverpool on their CV.

Not at all as huge as they were, the only way isn't up really, another dodgy transfer window and yous will be left in the same place. The delusion among you lot is actually out of this world

joe123 wrote: »
    I could see plenty of teams in for Balotelli if he was going for 12/13 million. Especially in this current market.

As far as Liverpool go, strikers are a necessity.

Looking at the start of next season

We will have:

IN

Sturridge (injured until October)
    Origi

OUT

Balotelli 12 million
    Borini 6 million
    Lambert free

I hope to god there is no truth in Benteke as he just is not worth 32 million and if Rodgers is in charge, does not suit our style of play at all.

Realistically Lacazette is out of our reach.

The likes of Icardi, Vietto and Dybala would be a lot more realistic but even then, I am simply not confident we can properly scout/close deals off for number 1 targets. Ings would be grand as fourth choice, maybe third but I cannot see him accepting that sort of role.

We need to sign a first choice striker, ahead of Sturridge as he just cannot be relied on.

Dybala looks to be going to Juve for 40 mil

Berbatov was just released by Monaco, would not be a bad signing for yous, he showed against us that he still has it

Dybala looks to be going to Juve for 40 mil

Berbatov was just released by Monaco, would not be a bad signing for yous, he showed against us that he still has it

40 million!!?

Ughh no wonder we are looking at Benteke so :( Berbatov no thanks. You couldnt get a player more unsuited to what Rodgers wants from his players if you tried.....apart from Balotelli maybe.

Ah jesus we are ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Origi and Ings are just more evidence of the expensive waste of money that we continue to be engaged in. Benteke would be stupid unless we're planning to change our game. Balotelli is a flop in English football. Doesn't matter how many you play up front with him. He's a good penalty taker, i'll give you that...after that, he's a turkey.

How many more Borini's, Aspas, Alberto's etc do we need to suffer through to realise Rodgers and the committee haven't a notion about player recruitment.

I spent a lot of energy defending Rodger's but I'm afraid I've seen enough. Suarez and a fit Sturridge got us that 2nd place.

• Advertisement

Flicking through a few pages of this thread and the last and you'll clearly see pool fans assuming klopp is coming to Liverpool. I thought you'd have noticed that?

Not assuming at all. Hoping and discussing it but no one is assuming he will join.

Icardi and Dybala would not join any team without champs league. It would take something special to temp them up to the NW of England, I'm afraid a 6th place finish and a shyte record in Europe this year don't cut the mustard. Neither does working for Rodgers, a man who I guarantee they know nothing about apart from that he managed Liverpool.

Rodgers is a coach in a manager's job. The biggest mistake FSG made was not imposing the Dir of Football role on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

And you forgot Borini...can't see him going anywhere either. :(

This perfectly reflects how I picture the scene of Rodgers trying to get Borini to leave Melwood this summer

154.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Best we can hope for in terms of a striker is Aubameyang, and that's only if Klopp signs up too. There's one or two players he could poach for us from Dortmund that wouldn't be completely unrealistic, like PEA and Mkhitaryan. Maybe even Bender.

What will happen though is Rodgers will remain and sign Ings and other mid-table players who will have to fill in for Sturridge and in all likelihood fail miserably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Not at all as huge as they were, the only way isn't up really, another dodgy transfer window and yous will be left in the same place. The delusion among you lot is actually out of this world

delusion and yet forbes ranked liverpool as the 8th most valuable team on earth for 2015 ahead of juventus, ac milan, dortmund, psg and twice as valuable as atletico madrid who last year came top in a much better league than the premiership and got to a european cup final

make no mistake that as it stands liverpool are hugely underachieving under rodgers. they and ac are the two most underachieving clubs in europe right now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

rossie1977 wrote: »
    delusion and yet forbes ranked liverpool as the 8th most valuable team on earth for 2015 ahead of juventus, ac milan, dortmund, psg and twice as valuable as atletico madrid who last year came top in a much better league than the premiership and got to a european cup final

make no mistake that as it stands liverpool are hugely underachieving under rodgers. they and ac are the two most underachieving clubs in europe right now

I guess your biggest problem is that Liverpool are probably 5th or 6th most attractive Club now in the premier league depending on how important a value is put on London over Liverpool and with the FFP laws being relaxed it wont be easy to improve on that in short to medium term.

IMO I think Klopp would possibly be interested in going there but as an Arsenal fan, I hope he doesnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The price of not being good enough in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Icardi and Dybala would not join any team without champs league. It would take something special to temp them up to the NW of England, I'm afraid a 6th place finish and a shyte record in Europe this year don't cut the mustard. Neither does working for Rodgers, a man who I guarantee they know nothing about apart from that he managed Liverpool.

Rodgers is a coach in a manager's job. The biggest mistake FSG made was not imposing the Dir of Football role on him.

Or money. Money works too. For Icardi in particular. He's still only 22, and won't be both first choice, and get the money we can offer pretty much anywhere else - especially outside of england. He's absolutely thrive with Coutinho too, makes fantastic runs, and almost always finishes with his first or second touch. Much better fit for us than Benteke I think, and definitely cheaper than the 45m euros Beneteke will cost.

Im really hoping this Kovacic and Icardi double deal is true.

The price of not being good enough in the league

Another reason to really go for the Europa - we need our european ranking to improve or we'll be ****ed next time we make the Champions League.

Feels like a long time since we were ranked number 1 in Europe...

• Advertisement

It's extra time on sky sports 5 if anyone is watching.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Or money. Money works too. For Icardi in particular. He's still only 22, and won't be both first choice, and get the money we can offer pretty much anywhere else - especially outside of england. He's absolutely thrive with Coutinho too, makes fantastic runs, and almost always finishes with his first or second touch. Much better fit for us than Benteke I think, and definitely cheaper than the 45m euros Beneteke will cost.

Im really hoping this Kovacic and Icardi double deal is true.

Icardi can get the same money from other premiership teams. I doubt that after blowing 200m plus wages FSG are going to let Rodgers blow his beans all over the transfer market again.

Can't see it.

I think he'll be told he has 2 choices. A limited transfer fund & make it work (i,e champs league place), or leave.

Icardi is a viewed as trouble in Argentina, there's a reason he isn't get much attention in the squad. He has a dodgy personality and a complete headcase for a wife (Wanda Nara). He's not really the sort of character I'd want in the LFC dressing room. Anyway, I can't see the missus ("model") and the whole entourage shipping out to England. Don't buy it. I really doubt he is coming.

Dybala is much much better player, probably why he is going to Juve and not Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Another reason to really go for the Europa - we need our european ranking to improve or we'll be ****ed next time we make the Champions League.

Feels like a long time since we were ranked number 1 in Europe...

Yep now with UEFA finally doing the right thing and putting the league winners of the top 8 leagues in pot one will only knock teams lower down the pots

rossie1977 wrote: »

Oh yes because Rodgers took over when we were flying high.

Jesus.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

giphy.gif

It's amazing how many non Liverpool fans seem to care what any of us think, and even go as far as convincing their non delusional self that we all think the same.

You'd think they'd have better things to do, but obviously not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Ardent wrote: »
    Have to agree. Any time I've seen him play this season he has been incredibly ordinary. I don't know why we're trying to sign him, or even why some on here seem to rate him??

Great at least someone on here isnt fcuking deluded about this potential signing and can see the bigger picture. My point of view is that hes destined to be the fall guy who will be thrown in at the deep end when Sturridge gets injured again and he will be shown up to be the ordinary player he is. Whether other strikers are signed or not it doesnt matter. He is just a pointless pointless signing if you ask me either way. I may aswell sign on that dotted line myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

5starpool wrote: »
    It's amazing how many non Liverpool fans seem to care what any of us think, and even go as far as convincing their non delusional self that we all think the same.

You'd think they'd have better things to do, but obviously not.

Sure isn't it common knowledge they care more about Liverpool than their own team? It's the first thing they think about in the morning, and the last thing they think about when they go to sleep. Shame they can't support their own clubs with as much effort as they use trying to put us down. It's quite hilarious.

And sad, very sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What date in December do other Liverpool fans think Klopp will sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Turtyturd wrote: »

Pretty sure he'll be under the Liverpool xmas tree on the 25th of December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

What happened harry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Kirby wrote: »
    Balotelli isnt going anywhere. Both he and his agent have said he's staying. He's on a decent wedge. No reputable team will want him after a poor season. Liverpool wont want to sell for a big loss.

Too many things point to him staying.

Far more likely he will go on loan for next season. You'll always find someone who will take a chance on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

john why wrote: »
    What happened harry

He's "elsewhere" for a while ;)

If you were a real Liverpool fan you wouldn't have to know as we all have the same thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

He's "elsewhere" for a while ;)

I see, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

if rodgers stays then balotelli wont be playing,thats been clear enough all season

• Advertisement

I can only speak for all fans but it'll be December the 8th.

I'm really not sure about Ings…he's fine like, but i'm just not sure how often we'll be screaming at the TV for his inclusion. He's a very willing runner, but he's not terribly quick or skillful. He'll do similar work to Borini, while being a slightly better finisher.

I'm just not sure about that type of player at pool - I think we've seen with the likes of Borini, Aspas, Lambert and even Carroll, that you need to be a bit more dynamic at Liverpool to succeed. You need that spark to inject something into a game when you're coming off the bench, either real skill or deadly pace. Don't need to necessarily be amazing, but have to have 1 attribute that puts defenders on the back foot and makes them uncomfortable to free up other people. I just don't really think Ings has that. Perfectly solid and hard working and everything but without that necessary maverick ability. Any striker at Pool will find themselves dealing with a hell of a lot more defensive attention than they will at Burnley.

For a backup style player, i'd rather Origi, with genuine pace and power, or Balotelli (when he's bothered) who can bully his way past people with a combination of strength and skill. I think i'd find myself calling for the likes of them to be included ever day of the week over Ings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Other than Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson & Coutinho who are guaranteed first team starters from the squad?

Can, Lallana, Allen & Moreno.

Mignolet because we have no one better.

We have a piss poor squad.

Not counting Sterling or Sturridge one could gone and one will be injured more often than not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Balotelli > Ings

Prefer to keep him as third/fourth choice over spending time buying someone like Ings tbh

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Balotelli > Ings

Prefer to keep him as third/fourth choice over spending time buying someone like Ings tbh

Pointless having Balotelli if he is being used like last season though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

john why wrote: »
    What happened harry

Harry Redknapp ings, Rodgers out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Pointless having Balotelli if he is being used like last season though.
    Needs to be managed corectly. Lambert probably has less workrate than Balotelli but nothing is said about it by Rodgers. While Balotelli is often criticised. Rodgers needs to be fair to the comittee signings while his signings get plenty of chances & cut slack as well. Its not good for the dressing room.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Needs to be managed corectly. Lambert probably has less workrate than Balotelli but nothing is said about it by Rodgers. While Balotelli is often criticised. Rodgers needs to be fair to the comittee signings while his signings get plenty of chances & cut slack as well. Its not good for the dressing room.

Fcuked out the door is the only job for Ballotelli.

You could be 3 years trying to fit him into the team. When he was signed it was a sure sign this committee doesnt know its árse from its elbow.

Let some other team try to unlock his potential as we look on. Hate seeing him at the club

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

As someone else so eloquently put it, Balotelli is a pudding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

rarnes1 wrote:
    Let some other team try to unlock his potential as we look on. Hate seeing him at the club

Amazing the faith some fans have in him that he can 'turn it around' .

Been the same at evey club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mario or Brendan :P

The guy has potential, everyone knows that but he's posion to have at a club. Wasted talent tbh

Mancini couldn't handle him. Mourinhio called him unmanagable ffs and he's the best in the business.

Cut him loose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Icardi can get the same money from other premiership teams. I doubt that after blowing 200m plus wages FSG are going to let Rodgers blow his beans all over the transfer market again.

Can't see it.

I think he'll be told he has 2 choices. A limited transfer fund & make it work (i,e champs league place), or leave.

Icardi is a viewed as trouble in Argentina, there's a reason he isn't get much attention in the squad. He has a dodgy personality and a complete headcase for a wife (Wanda Nara). He's not really the sort of character I'd want in the LFC dressing room. Anyway, I can't see the missus ("model") and the whole entourage shipping out to England. Don't buy it. I really doubt he is coming.

Dybala is much much better player, probably why he is going to Juve and not Liverpool.
    Suarez was viewed as trouble in England and we were the only team to risk signing him because of it. Not a bad payback for trouble, tbh. It may well be worth the risk again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

As someone else so eloquently put it, Balotelli is a pudding!

I love white pudding, black too but not as much. As for Xmas pudding, I don't like it.

Which one is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

If you were a real Liverpool fan you wouldn't have to know as we all have the same thoughts.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement