Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant or weed?

Options
  • 31-05-2015 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Anyone ideas before I rip it out?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

No idea. What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

You need to post a pic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Sorry on phone and pic failed due to size. Didn't know the thread went ahead. Will get onto a pc and attach. Doh!

Here we go

Here we go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Looks like a weed. Willowherb perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Have it all over my drive, can't shift it, annoying stuff. Weed killer does the job, then its back days or weeks after.

Drat. I shall exterminate. Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

On the subject of weeds, how did nature decide that they can grow so well, yet when I plant flowers or plants they often take ages to grow or die off?

Yet weeds can grow in a millimetre of soil !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Yeah, I consider it a weed. On the plus side, it's easy to yank out. Grab near the base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

NIMAN wrote: »
    On the subject of weeds, how did nature decide that they can grow so well, yet when I plant flowers or plants they often take ages to grow or die off?

Yet weeds can grow in a millimetre of soil !!

To be honest I think its we're the problem. If things like dandelions were rare species we'd prob think they're beautiful and sew them in our beds and borders. When something thrives with little input from ourselves there's an element of snobbery which exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭MOTM

brightkane wrote: »
    Here we go

A weed. Look forward to long years of it thriving everywhere. It's a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

My favourite 'weed' is the plain old daisy. A lawn full of daisies in bloom, what can be wrong with that?
    Buttercups under a whitethorn/beech hedge? Totally natural.
    Wild flowers in a meadow. Sadly, a sight you see less and less.
    Don't get me wrong, I have a few beds in which no 'weed' is allowed grow but I think we get carried away trying to have the perfect garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Looks like Japanese knotweed to me.
    If it is you've got a problem, it will knock that wall if it is not eradicated.
    http://invasivespeciesireland.com/toolkit/invasive-plant-management/terrestrial-plants/japanese-knotweed/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

it's definitely not JK.

Advertisement