Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned dog; who could take it in?

• 31-05-2015 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Mates neighbour was a useless dog owner, and just left the dog out the back. She had metal health issues, and was committed a while back. The boyfriend ignored the dog, but the neighbours fed it (it was kept in the backgarden). lately, the neighbours boyfriend let the dog out, and since then the dog has been wandering. The neighbours have been feeding it, but it needs to be taken into a shelter or something, as no-one is looking after it directly (mate said it's a large dog). My mate can't take it in, as her mum is afraid of dogs.

My mate has emailed the <snip>, and told them that the woman has been committed, no-one is in the house (house has been thrashed by the local scumbags), but the <snip> came over, knocked on the house door, and then left. At the time, the dog would've still been in the back garden.

Mate has rang the dog warden and the Gardai since the dog has started to roam the street, but the Gardai can't do anything about it, and they can't get in contact with the (Ashtown) dog warden.

Anyone have any ideas? Although dog had been grumpy, it's now friendly enough, but my mate won't trust the dog enough to put it into the car to bring it to a shelter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I would say he should keep ringing and ringing the dog warden as it's the dog warden who should come and pick the dog up, sounds like he is a 'stray' really at this stage, so he's just going to have to annoy the dog warden until he picks the dog up, fairly unsurprised at the <snip> not being very helpful...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Try <snip>

Do not ring the dog warden, unless taken in by a rescue or claimed dog only has 5 days before being euthanised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

That's not true it depends on what pound he gets taken to, a lot if rescues work with pounds and take dogs out for re homing

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    That's not true it depends on what pound he gets taken to, a lot if rescues work with pounds and take dogs out for re homing

Yes as I said IF a rescue takes it in , if a rescue does NOT take it in the majority have 5 days, worst thing you can do is contact a pound unless it is a complete emergency, some vets will take the dog and pass on to an appropriate rescue also

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Folks,
    Please don't name or link to named rescues. It is against the forum charter.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

the_syco wrote: »

Anyone have any ideas? Although dog had been grumpy, it's now friendly enough, but my mate won't trust the dog enough to put it into the car to bring it to a shelter.

Just sent you a PM with info. ;)

Advertisement