Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm problem

Options
  • 31-05-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi, having a problem with the house alarm.

When I go to set the alarm, the displays says that theres a problem with the back door. The unit is old & beaten up, so I opened it up & disconnected & then reconnected the wires in case there was a connection problem. There's also a shock sensor on the door but that looks fine.

Now the display says - 1 INHIBITS - when I try set it.

:confused:

Can I just set the house alarm & ignore the problem with the back door? If anyone got into the house, the motion sensor would trigger the alarm anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

What control panel do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Siemens SPCK420

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Set the alarm and let it full set and then disarm. The inhibit should clear.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Set the alarm and let it full set and then disarm. The inhibit should clear.

Thanks, done that and it worked.

When I set it now, it's back to saying Kitchen Patio again. If I force it to set will the alarm go off?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you select force set the system will inhibit that zone for that setting only.
    If you want to leave it off untill you get it sorted goto Menu > Isolate > Zones > Zone Kitchen Patio Select Arrow Down and Enable and Select.

• Advertisement

When I set the alarm now it says 1 ISOLATES. I think its ok now.

Thanks Koolkid. :)

Yes, that is correct.It is reminding you there is 1 zone isolated.

Advertisement