Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gym in the city

Options
  • 31-05-2015 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

What are people's feelings and experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Limited selection here in Cork, there is no one gym that ticks all the boxes like in Dublin, so it's more specific to what you need.

If you mean weightlifting, then it's Iron Mecca in Blackpool - (Cons: traffic, limited cardio)

If you mean cardio, then it's Mardyke - (Cons: traffic, lack of parking, lack of lockers, terrible weights gym, very frequently overcrowded, membership vastly exceeds capacity, Hillsborough type scenes during student year.)

Fitnessworx is the best overall gym in Cork City in terms of most accessible, least hassle (traffic,parking) and most friendly staff, but the con is the limited equipment e.g. no stepper,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sncork

I currently joined fitnessworx and I love it, I was in energized fitness in togher but its sadly gone down hill over the past few months, the owner is away alot and when his there stays in the office you nearly have to book an appointment to ask a question., its a premium gym but not premium service.

Advertisement