Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything that be done about thick eyebrows?

Options
  • 31-05-2015 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi they are very thick. I get them done every few weeks, shaped I mean, but there's regrowth very quickly. The laser clinics won't touch them as they are too close to the eye. It's probably hopeless, but I'll ask anyway, other than attend a beautican regularily, is there any permanent solution to this problem?

Thanks

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

When you say get them done, do you wax, pluck or thread?

I find that threading has really helped mine, I then just tweeze any strays as they appear or wax them at home! Thick eyebrows are all in, you should feel privileged !! Nothing worse then having shaved tiny skinny brows imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

a mixture of waxing and plucking, no threading.....

what about electrolysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

i second looking into Electrolysis, it targets individual hairs can be used on all hair types light/dark, its a bit stingy but its normally only 10-15min a session!
    of course try and get someone good and who does this type of treatment daily. To get rid of the hairs permanently they need to be caught in the right growth phase so the beauty therapist carrying out the treatment needs to know their stuff.

Is it possible that electrolysis could be used closer to the eye than laser? thanks for replies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Is it possible that electrolysis could be used closer to the eye than laser? thanks for replies :)

Oh yeah id say so, its individual electrocution of the hair, so I cant see why not?

Oh yeah id say so, its individual electrocution of the hair, so I cant see why not?

so no flash or anything ? :) isn't that what the laser practitioners think is dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I had electrolysis done in past, there is no flash and it's very effective. I went to a older therapist who had years of experience in electrolysis and the salon did not offer laser at all. Best of luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

so no flash or anything ? :) isn't that what the laser practitioners think is dangerous?

Nope, no flash. Just um... Burning and stinging.

Left a message on the answering machine of an electrolysis clinic....hate that bristly feel once the waxed area starts to regrow ,usually after a week....

• Advertisement

Left a message on the answering machine of an electrolysis clinic....hate that bristly feel once the waxed area starts to regrow ,usually after a week....

Lol nothing worse !

Hope you get it sorted they should be able to do your brows in that way, it may be something that will work for you! Let us know how you get on !

The lady said over the phone that yes she does eyebrows, however it will be the end of next week before I meet her in person for a consult, so hopefully there won't be any problems :)

Just to update, have started Electrolysis,painless and hoping for results....paying by 'time' rather than area, which is new to me, but thanks for suggestion :)

Advertisement