Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge - Abbey Playground

Options
  • 31-05-2015 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hello

I have heard a few people taking about a newly reopened playground called Abbey Playground. I am fairly new to the celbridge area so I was hoping somebody might be able to give me directions to the playground from the Mill

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Oooh delighted to see Celbridge Abbey back open if that's the case :) many a childhood memory there.

Directions from the Mill- walk out the gates, turn left (away from the village) and walk about 100m. You'll see it in to your left.

Google maps image of the carpark to the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭LJ3103

Thank you, is the entrance through the door way on the right hand side of the carpark ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

It should be, unless they've moved it, but that's doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

lets hope they put in a good playground. The only downside is then having to pay for parking if you drive there. :mad:

Its a disgrace that a town the size of celbridge hasnt got a good, big playground. There is one beside Aghards, but thats small and has very little in it.

Personally I think there should be a big playground put into the grounds at Castletown house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Dragging up an old thread here... any idea if this is open at the weekends? All details I can find says Mon-Fri only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Rain Ascending

The days it is open were extended to Saturdays (but not Sundays) a number of months ago. However they have yet to update the signage. A major new climbing frame for slightly older kids (perhaps 4+ or 5+ years) has also been added, providing a welcome diversification of activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

The days it is open were extended to Saturdays (but not Sundays) a number of months ago. However they have yet to update the signage. A major new climbing frame for slightly older kids (perhaps 4+ or 5+ years) has also been added, providing a welcome diversification of activities.

Does it open all year round or just for summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Rain Ascending

I passed by it this morning (Saturday) around 11.00 - the entrance was open.

Advertisement