Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timing for Irish

Options
  • 31-05-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Does anyone know how long you should spend on each section of Irish Paper 1 & 2?
    Our teacher has done barely any exam papers with us, and I'm worried I will run out of time during the exam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Paper 1: The listening takes about 30 minutes if I remember correctly. Then spend about 35 minutes on comprehensions, ~40 minutes on composition, and ~10 minutes on grammar, leaving 5 minutes to check over your work (or to use to finish off the composition etc).

Paper 2: 30 minutes for the letter, and 10-15 minutes for each of the unseen story, studied story, unseen poem and studied poem.
    Just use these as guidelines, they will differ from person to person depending on their individual strengths and weaknesses. If you have learned off answers for the studied story/poem you can probably knock them down to 10 minutes each and then spend 20 minutes on each of the unseen sections. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 greenwhale

emersyn wrote: »
    Paper 1: The listening takes about 30 minutes if I remember correctly. Then spend about 35 minutes on comprehensions, ~40 minutes on composition, and ~10 minutes on grammar, leaving 5 minutes to check over your work (or to use to finish off the composition etc).

Paper 2: 30 minutes for the letter, and 10-15 minutes for each of the unseen story, studied story, unseen poem and studied poem.
    Just use these as guidelines, they will differ from person to person depending on their individual strengths and weaknesses. If you have learned off answers for the studied story/poem you can probably knock them down to 10 minutes each and then spend 20 minutes on each of the unseen sections. Good luck!

Thanks! This helped so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

I would start with the sections with the highest marks, like the essay in P1 and the letter in P2 (I think these are worth the most marks), just so you can get them out of the way and not have to risk losing marks if you do them towards the end 

Oh, and best of luck in all your exams.

Advertisement