If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon Audyssey adjustment

Options
  • 31-05-2015 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi Richersounds people,

I need your help about  technical question that should be very easy for you:

I bought at Richersounds a Denon AVR-2313 and Monitor Audio BX-FX 5.0, 2 years ago. I am happy with it.
    Config is bi-amp, Front, Centre: large, no sub, surround: small.

AudysseyEQXT, Dynamic EQ: on.

I changed my room and after new Audyssey setup(s), I find the sound missing bass.
    I mainly listen music, classical.
    I tried without Audyssey (direct) but in this case there is too much bass, muddled. I'd prefer to keep Audyssey.
    I did a copy from Audyssey flat to Graphic EQ and had a look at the graphic:
    L/F 125Hz=-4 db, 63Hz=-7 db.
    This looks a very high attenuation.

Question: Is there a way to adjust the level of some frequencies  and still use Audyssey. I don't thing so but I want to be sure.
    What can you advice to get a better sound?

Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi Trompette, 

Just a couple of questions so I can look a bit better into this for you -

When you run the Audyssey setup, did you get any error messages?
    http://manuals.denon.com/avrx4100w/na/EN/GFNFSYhqrqhiug.php 

Have you run the setup a couple of times and still get the same levels?

You can't adjust the levels set by Audyssey once the setup is done, but you could run Audyssey, then write down the levels it sets, then go into Manual and copy those settings and adjust the bass levels to suit

Let me know how you get on

regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Trompette

Hi Brian,

When I run Audyssey I don't get any error. I did it a couple of times and get the same result, level +-0.5 dB, distance +- 3 cm, Crossover 60 or 80 Hz.
    BTW I can't open you link (error 404)

I'll try to use the manual mode, in my case AVR-2313, I have to do: Audyssey set in Graphic EQ, then go in Graphic EQ, then "Curve copy" then "Adjust EQ". In this case Dynamic EQ is OFF only. :-(

Not easy to find the good set-up.

Thanks for your help

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Sorry, an error in the link above
    try this one
    http://manuals.denon.com/avrx4100w/na/EN/GFNFSYnuokgukf.php

Not sure if this page would be of any help too - http://www.audyssey.com/technologies/multeq/how-to

Hope you can get sorted, please keep me posted

Regards
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.